Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rainbows on Crack(le)!

I'm terrible when it comes to nail art. I desperately wish I could do it, but I lack art skills and I have no patience. I even fail at nail stamping.  But I still get the urge to have something to do something besides regularly painted nails and this is what I came up with. It's not the most revolutionary design in the world, but it made me happy because it was different from what I normally do and it was sparkly!


These are the polishes I used. You won't actually see a picture of the Nicole by OPI because I used that color on my thumb nails and my thumbs are too ugly to show, haha. I've swatched the L'Oreal colors and you can see them here.

In the sun
For some reason the crackle never "cracks" as well on my left hand. I think I might be applying it too thickly or something. I wish I would have taken a picture of my right hand as well because it looked better. I know crackle is probably a bit played out by now, but I really like the silver crackle. I have the black OPI one and never wear it because I think it looks kinda ugly.

In the shade.

Well, that's all I have you you guys today. I everyone is having a great weekend! I ordered a Kindle yesterday and because I am impatient I paid the $3.99 for one day shipping (I have Amazon Prime- the best thing ever). So I ordered the Kindle yesterday at around 6 pm and it got here today right before 11 am. Definitely worth the 4 bucks! I downloaded like 40 books yesterday in anticipation and I can't wait to start reading! Squee! I'm such a nerd! I'm just glad that you can put ebooks on there from other sources and don't have to buy them all from the Amazon Kindle store. I'm super cheap and would never had bought the Kindle if that was the only way to get content.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

12 comments:

  1. I actually like the amount of crackle you got in these pictures. That's about what I get as well. The yellow looks especially pretty with the silver crackle. I don't think I own any yellows because I always worry they'll come out too sheer and look like dirty nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rainbow combo! I wish there was an exact way to regulate how the crackle polish will look. Have fun with your kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the crackle trend, but these look awesome on you!

    Do you get Amazon Prime because you're a college student?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love that you did rainbow instead of all the same colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cassykins- Yellow polish is such a PITA to work with. It is either sheer or has a thick, streaky texture. You can always layer a sheer yellow over white so to avoid the grossly stained nails look!

    @Katie- Thank you! I really want to buy the China Glaze metallic crackles but I'm not sure if I would use them enough to be worth it. And I'm anticipating using the crap out of the kindle, haha.

    @Chris- Yeah, the crackle look took me awhile to warm up to and even now I don't care for crackles with a creme finish, only metallics. And yeah, that is how I have Prime. I think it would probably even be worth it to buy if I wasn't a student because I buy EVERYTHING from Amazon, even my boyfriend's deodorant, haha (it's cheaper!).

    @Maribeth- :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I definitely love this concept - and I LOVE my silver crackle too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh lovely! I'm such a fan of crackle :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty! i love the name of this post too! im so jealous of your kindle. i cant decide if i should get one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, the silver crackle is really pretty! I thought I would like black crackle but I tried it and hated it for some reason. I love the teal colour on your pinkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...