Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lipstick Swatch Spam with Wet n Wild's MegaLast Lipsticks

Hey guys!  Hope your Sunday is going well!

I have a confession- I'm obsessed with doing lip swatches.  And I have no idea why I find them so fun.  I'll do them until my lips are sore and feel rubbed raw.  On Friday I did about 30 lip swatches.  The only way I was able to get through so many was Jack Black lip balm.  That stuff is miraculous.  I would slather it on my lips when they started to get sore, wait 30 minutes, and my lips would be back to normal. But, this isn't a lip balm reviews.  This is, dun dun dun,  Lipstick Swatch Spam!

For some reason Wet n Wild's MegaLast lipsticks were 50% off at my local Walgreens, making them $1.50.  So I promptly bought the 5 colors I thought had even a remote chance of looking okay on me.  So including the 2 I already have, I'll have 7 to show you.

I really like these lipsticks.  They are all cremes and fairly matte (Wet n Wild calls them "semi-matte").  The two darkest colors are the most dry/matte, but I think that may be because I have had them the longest and they've dried out a bit.  These really hug your lips and those with drier lips may find they need to layer balm underneath, just like any other matte lipstick.  For $3 and frequently on sale at drugstores, you really can't go wrong with these lipsticks.

Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks
Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks
Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks from left- 901B, 902C, 903C, 904B, 905D
These are all the ones that I recently bought. I forgot to do swatch the original two I had on my arm.

Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipstick 901B Think Pink
Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipstick 902C Bare It All
Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipstick 903C Just Peachy
Wet n Wild MegaLast 904B Rose-Bud
Wet n Wild MegaLast 905D Smokin' Hot Pink
Wet n Wild MegaLast 906D Wine Room
Wet n Wild MegaLast 911D Stoplight Red

Available:
  • These retail for $3 and are available at drugstores and all places Wet n Wild is sold.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the last 3! Dammit why don't we have Wet n Wild over here :( I love the one of these I have.
    Great lip swatches, I really like doing them too! But I don't like the sore lips :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wine Room is great! I have 903C and I looove it! I tend to wear it blotted though, it's *just* a bit too much for me. Lovely lip swatches, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lillian- Can you order them online or anything? I'm sure somewhere has them. And thank you, you do the best lip swatches so that is a great compliment!

    @Robyn- I will rarely wear the darker colors but I justify buying them because I want to put pictures of them on my blog. And thank you! I have a chipped tooth like you but you can't see it because my bottom lip is usually covering it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Just Peachy and Bare it All! Great pigmentation

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own Wine Room and Rosebud and I love them! Rosebud is a little too pink for my tanned (NC42) skin, but I use a colored gloss to fix that problem. I also love Wine Room paired with NYX Diamond Sparkle Gloss in Plum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could probably find them online but I bet they'd be more expensive :/ And thank you, you're so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great for such an inexpensive price. I have the first two, but I really want Just Peachy, Rose Bud, and Stoplight Red. =>

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are obsessed with lip swatching because I am obsessed with lip swatches! I'm really liking Stoplight Red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought two, and I need all of them! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought the color Rose Bud after falling in love with Wine Room. These lipsticks are amazing!

    www.theprettylilthingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shades I own few now I want more :) following your blog do vist and follow mine:) http://www.sparklingsmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...