Tuesday, July 5, 2011

elf's Studio Matte Lip Colors Swatches and Review

I've been curious about these matte lipsticks from elf for awhile but every time I looked they were out of stock.  So when I finally saw them back in stock I snapped them up.  I originally was going to buy all 4 colors, but I didn't think there was any way Praline would be flattering on me, no matter how much the completest (completionist?) in me wanted to buy it.
 The formula is pretty good.  They are matte, so they tend to be on the drier side, but that is to be expected.  The flash makes them look shinier than they actually are, but really are pretty matte.  One complaint is that the pencil is only .06 ounces (or 1.8 grams), which is about half the size of regular sized lipstick.  I probably won't even use one up anyway, but it still is something to think about.  Then again, these only retail for $3 so you could probably afford to buy more when one runs out!

The one I thought I would like the most- Coral, is actually my favorite.  Natural I might wear sometimes, and Tea Rose I will probably never wear unless I can find something to layer it with that looks decent.  Although I don't really think any of them look that great on me.  Coral and Natural are a bit too warm toned and Tea Rose looks like a weird brownish bruisey mauve purple that isn't flattering in the least.



Here is a size comparison next to one of elf' lipsticks from the essential's line (pretty much a standard sized lipstick).


From left- Coral, Natural, Tea Rose
elf Studio Matte lipstick in Coral
elf Studio Matte Lipstick in Natural
elf Studio Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose
Ingredients

Available:
  • These retail for $3.00 and are sold on elf's website.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering what these were like!
    thx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are great! You take great lip pics btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way Coral looks on you. Natural is not bad, and you can use a lip gloss to tone down the color if you don't like it. Tea Rose would be great with neutral eye makeup. Light, shimmery pink eyeshadow would look good with it. If it still doesn't work for you, send it to me! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really nice, I love matte lips. I'm not fond of nude lips personally but I love Coral :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...