Thursday, July 28, 2011

Holo Makes Everything Better!

Sorry guys, I don't have much of a post for you today AGAIN. I'm really good at being a bad blogger, haha. But I just wanted to show you how a fail mani can turn into something awesome.

Two night ago I had the awesome idea to paint my nails 15 minutes before going to bed. And I decided to use a polish I've never tried from a brand I've never used.  So of course something was going to go wrong. The polish turned out to be really sheer (it's a light pink with a darker pink shimmer flash), and while pretty, after 3 coats I had bubbling on some nails. I was frustrated by this point and it was too late to start over and there is no way I was going to go out in public without nail polish on (my naked nails are guh-ross).  I was going to put glitter on top but I decided to go for a sheer silver holo that I picked up at Dollar Tree a year ago or so and have never worn. And it turned out amazing!  The holo completely hid the bubbles but still allowed the pink flash from the polish underneath to show through.  I'm in love with combo and can't wait to try layering the holo over other polishes.

This is Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in Diamond over Pixi #8.




It doesn't look so great in the shade but it still looks a million times better than it did without the holo on top!


Another picture for good measure!


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

4 comments:

  1. Are the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms still available? It looks so cool over the pink polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chris- Unfortunately they aren't. If you look on eBay you can see people selling them for ridiculous prices. I bought this one at Dollar Tree in a pack with another polish for $1 and someone is selling it by itself of eBay for $15!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I love how Pixi 8 looks against your skintone. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I always check the Dollar Tree for polish. Hopefully one day I'll find this there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...