Saturday, July 30, 2011

Is It A Gloss? Is It A Balm? I Don't Know But I Love CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Peony

I was a little skeptical when I first heard about Cover Girl's Natureluxe Gloss Balms. I figured they would be really sheer and drying.  I used to love Cover Girl's Lipslicks as a teenager but never found them to be that moisturizing. So I didn't really pay much attention to these. When I did happen to see a display of them the colors did look really sheer. I actually like sheer, but not so sheer you might as well be wearing a regular lip balm.

But being the hoor for sales that I am, I bought one off Amazon when they had a $3 off coupon.  I have Amazon Prime (free two-day shipping, whoop!) so I only paid a total of $2.99 for it. If I hated it I wouldn't feel too bad about wasting 3 bucks. But I surprisingly love it.

The color I got, Peony, is actually pretty opaque.  It's more opaque than a tinted lip balm but more sheer than a lipstick. It's a pretty berry-ish pink-red tone on my lips.  This is actually the perfect red for me. I think it still looks fairly dramatic (well, compared to the super sheer glosses I usually wear) but doesn't wash me out or make me look like a little girl playing with her mom's makeup. I was pleasantly surprised that this felt pretty moisturizing also. I don't feel like I need to wear another balm underneath or a gloss on top. It feels comfortable on the lips and I forget I'm even wearing it. I really want to buy a few more shades now!






A side note: This post was fueled by some freakin' awesome Led Zeppelin. Ahh, I love me some Zep.  Classic rock 4 lyfe, yo! "When the levee breaaaaaaaaaaaaks..."


Available:
  • These retail for around $7 and are sold at drugstores. In fact, I see these on drugstore.com for $5.99 right now.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! Great coverage for a balm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coverage is pretty impressive for a gloss-balm. I remember buying Cover Girl lipsticks back in 2000, and hating it. It's good that they've improved their products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous! I'm surprised at the pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not huge on balms with coverage. xP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I told you yesterday, I have 2 of these and both of the ones I picked up are very nude/neutral. One is a little pink and one a little nude and I love how they feel too! The packaging is what enticed me into trying them; i am a big fan of the "skinny" lip stick design :) I want to try one like this now with more color! So cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review, i have to try this!
    (:

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Led Zep & Cover Girl? I love you. Marry me. Oh, wait I'm straight. Scratch that.
    You are really tempting me to try those lippies now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've really been impressed by these too! I have the colors tulip and coral.. both are great. But after using tulip everyday for a week and having to reapply like a regular lipbalm, I've noticed they get used up really fast. A little unfortunate given the price. I've also really been impressed with the Natureluxe foundation too... it is slowly becoming my all-time favorite! (And that's really saying something!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...