Friday, July 29, 2011

A Haul- Or I Can't Believe I Bought Stuff OTHER Than Makeup

Doesn't it feel like I'm always complaining how I don't have time to write proper posts? Well, that. Again.  I have a few posts brewing including a review of Spellbound Cosmetics that I can hopefully finish up over the weekend.  For now, it's anothe rinstallment of "shit I bought recently".  I've been trying to cut back on my spending and i think I'm doing pretty well.  What I've bought recently I've either really wanted for awhile, or was on sale (and mostly both because I'm a sucker for sales). I'm also trying to branch out with my purchases because all I ever buy is makeup. So I bought some jewelry. These are probably the first pieces of jewelry I've bought since I was 13 and shopped at Claire's. I told you guys I don't accessorize.


My nails have been such a pain in the ass the past few month. They're brittle, peeling, dry, and just generally weak.  I've been taking biotin pills for a few weeks but it will take longer than that to see results.  I think I might be damagine my nails by using straight acetone all the time. I've heard great things about Zoya's Remove+ nail polish remover so when they had a code to get a free 8 ounce bottle of remover I picked up the 32 oz. to go with it. $25 is a lot to spend on nail polish remover, but it if helps my nails, it's worth it. Plus, the huge bottle *should* last for awhile.

I bought the Cover Girl Natureluxe gloss balm on Amazon when they had a $3 off coupon for it. I have Amazon Prime, which gives you free 2-day shipping so all I paid for this was $2.99. No tax or shipping! Yay! I just wish that Amazon wasn't so wasteful in ow they package things. I got a huge box for this tiny little balm.


I bought a Heartsy certificate (personal referral link) for this store because I thought their earrings were really cute.  I paid $8 for the certificate worth $20. My boyfriend said they look like little girl earrings but that's precisely why I like them!


I LOVE this necklace! You may have heard of this Whimsy Beading because they seem to be a favorite of bloggers. It's easy to see why because this necklace is gorgeous! I've been wanting one for awhile and finally decided to buy. I had a super hard time narrowing down the one I wanted, but I definitely plan on buying more when funds allow!

Here is the one I bought- it's called Poet Seas.


See? I didn't do TOO much damage! Hopefully I can remember to actually wear my jewelry...


Thank you for reading and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Cute accessories! I bought 2 of those Cover Girl lip thingies and love them! Have you tried it yet? I had a coupon for "$5 off 2 covergirl items" and when Rite Aid had their "buy 1 get 1 half off", I jumped all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you will love Remove+. I swear by it. I swatch polishes for my blog all the time. Sometimes I even swatch 20+ bottles one right after the other, and if I used any other polish remover my nails wouldn't survive the rigorous swatching. It's because of Zoya Remove+ I can show everyone my badly applied swatches, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - droppin this comment here to save you some money. zoya remove+ is acetone, glycerine, water, fragrance and dye. you can basically make your own version of it by going to the drugstore and buying glycerine to put in your acetone.
    the reason it is different from other removers is that the glycerine adds moisture as you remove your polish. there is nothing else in it to make it any better.
    the blogger Loodie Loodie Loodie recently posted about this so i give all credit to her for my knowledge. check her out. her post also explains why you need to add a bit of water to the mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maribeth- I tried the lip thingy (gloss? balm?) earlier and I love it! I wasn't expecting it to be so opaque but the color I have, Peony, is almost like a lipstick.

    @Chris- I used to be fine with regular acetone but when I started blogging (and swatching) my nails went to hell. Hopefully it helps using a gentler remover.

    @Rebecca- I really ashamed to admit this, but I knew that it is just what you mentioned. I think I read about it on Makeup Alley or something. The sad thing is that I'm really lazy and bought this because I didn't feel like messing with it, even it is just simply adding glycerin and water to a bottle of acetone. I really shouldn't have as it's a waste of money. Isn't that sad? Thank you for taking the time to let me know, though. If this works out for me I will definitely make my own when it runs out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...