Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 13: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- Sally Hansen HD in Resolution

I bought 4 or 5 of these Sally Hansen HD nail polishes when they first came out.  I quickly realized how sheer they are after and put the rest of them in my Helmer to be used on a day when I had the patience to layer them or apply a million coats.  And seeing how patience is not one of my virtues these never made it back OUT of my Helmer.

As I was looking for more untrieds the other say I came across this one, Sally Hansen HD polish in Resolution.  The color looked gorgeous in the bottle so I knew I had to try it out.  (Click here to see what I wore in previous weeks of this series).

This was 3 coats with top and bottom coats.

Sally Hansen HD polish in Resolution sun
Please excuse my ugly nails and crappy application.  My swatching hand is still on injury leave, and I’m not great at painting this hand or taking pictures of it.

Sally Hansen HD polish in Resolution shade
This is one of those colors I like better in the bottle than on the nail.  It’s a bit sheer and bubbled a bit on my nails.  This is weird, because I haven’t had a polish bubble on me in over a year.  Also, there is a dusty pink shimmer you can see in the bottle but doesn’t translate as well to the nail.  You can still see it, but only in certain lighting and at certain angles.  I still like the color though and I will probably wear it again at some point.


This was taken under a lamp.  You can see the dusty pink-ish shimmer a bit in this picture- especially in the bottle.




Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a hot shade! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty nail polish! I have a purple one from this line and it's a pain to apply!

    Check out my blog:
    Simply Lera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad! I like this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty :) I bought one of these too and was a bit disappointed until I put it on top of black and it really transformed it, it is worth the extra hassle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should try your HD polishes over black!! the shimmery ones (like Byte, DVD and Spectrum) look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...