Friday, June 3, 2011

Lip Swatch Spam with NYX Round Lipsticks

Disclaimer: As you are probably aware, there was a big incident involving NYX Cosmetics.  Due to their lack of customer service and questionable business practices I cannot recommend buying directly from them.  If you wish to purchase NYX products I would recommend Cherry Culture, Beauty Joint, or Ulta.

I bought this lipsticks (and a ton more NYX makeup) before the big incident. I struggled with showing it or not on my blog for awhile, but I figured all of you are big girls (and guys!) and can make your own decisions on what companies you want to buy from.  I spent good money on these things and I'll be damned if I'm not, at the very least, gonna use 'em.

Now enough with the drama, and on to the lippies.  At $4 each, and frequently on sale at Cherry Culture, I think these lipsticks are a good deal.  They are really creamy and glossy, but still manage to stay pigmented unlike some glossy lipsticks.  You know with some lipsticks the color really clings to your lips and almost seems to become a part of them?  Well, these are not really like that.  I think because of how creamy they are some of them seem to sit on top of the lips and don't really sink in.  Due to the glossiness/creaminess they aren't really the longest wearing lipsticks, but like with most, the darker and bolder colors will give you a longer wear time.  It sounds like I have a lot of complaints about them, but I actually really do like them.  I really like the colors I have and I think they look great layered with lipgloss.  For example, I don't really care for Pumpkin Pie on it's own, but it looks amazing with a peachy coral lipgloss on top.

Aaaand, I've run out of things to say, so on to the pictures!

NYX Round Lipsticks from left- Paris, Tea Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Louisiana, Fig, Rose Bud, Spell Bound
NYX Round Lipsticks from left- Paris, Tea Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Louisiana, Fig, Rose Bud, Spell Bound
NYX Round Lipsticks from left- Paris, Tea Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Louisiana, Fig, Rose Bud, Spell Bound
NYX Round Lipsticks from left- Paris, Tea Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Louisiana, Fig, Rose Bud, Spell Bound
NYX Round Lipsticks from left- Paris, Tea Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Louisiana, Fig, Rose Bud, Spell Bound
NYX Round Lipstick in Paris
NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose
NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie
NYX Round Lipstick in Louisiana
NYX Round Lipstick in Fig
NYX Round Lipstick in Rose Bud
NYX Roound Lipstick in Spell Bound


How about you guys?  Do have any of these lipsticks and how do you like them?

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

16 comments:

  1. I only have Louisiana out of these, but I'm really liking Pumpkin Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Rose Bud! I think I will have to pick it up. I have colors in Watermelon, Flower, Strawberry Milk, and Fusion! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Lip Swatches, Batman! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these on you! (I agree...Pumpkin Pie would look fabuloso with a gloss on top!) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robyn- I didn't like Pumpkin Pie at first but it's really starting to grow on me.

    @RoboZelda- Oooh, now I have to go look for swatches of the ones you mentioned.

    @Vijaya- I love doing lip swatches. They are my favorite for some reason.

    @Shimmer- Thank you so much! Happy Friday to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the swatches! These are very helpful. Every color looks good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Love these lipsticks. Thanks for the swatches girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the swatches! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really, really love to try some of these! I'm especially loving Rose Bud on you, it has a neat finish! Also, thanks for doing lip swatches! I love lip swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sakura- Thank you!

    @frugalspender19- The more I use these, the more I like them. And you're welcome!

    @Makeup Zombie- You have the most amazing lips/lip swatches so that is high praise. Thank you!

    @Baroque in Babylon- I like Pumpkin Pie way more than I thought I would.

    @Vulcan_Butterfly- There are so many colors I had a hard time decided which ones to get it. I really like Rose Bud too. It's almost a frost, but it has gold shimmer instead of silver/white shimmer. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The swatches are great! I wish I remember which lipstick(s) I ordered. I have to wait until Monday for the things to arrive (I had them shipped to my work, so I'm hoping they come early so I can play with everything during my lunch break)

    ReplyDelete
  12. отлично девочка

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is disappointing, my tea rose lipstick looks almost like spell bound! is it possible that they might make mistake in packaging those lipsticks? im so sad

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sole makeup item this month bought was a lovely pink lip gloss called Love Struck from Marie Natie Natural Cosmetics. I want to buy a natural cosmetic line lip gloss of stellar, but my initial thought of Love Struck is very positive. http://umakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. HiJessi,
    Right you are about the customer service at Nyx. I love Nyx cosmetics so what I did was I searched for local shops in our place offering Nyx products. Right now, I’m happy with the customer service and quality products Kallony offers.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Nyx Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...