Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Cult Nails Order

Unfortunately I don't have swatches for you guys.  I think I mentioned before that I had a bad break on my swatching hand.  Not just an ugly break, but a bloody one.  I'm going to wait until my nails grow out a bit to do these gorgeous polishes justice, but I was just excited about my order and wanted to show you guys the bottle pics.

I was super impressed with the shipping time.  I order on a Tuesday and got my tracking number that same night.  So they were probably mailed the next day (Wednesday).  I recieved them on Saturday.  See? Quick!

The owner of Cult Nails, Maria, is a blogger and nail polish fanatic just like many of us.  On her blog, www.r3daily.com/, Maria often writes about the behind the scenes of starting her own company, creating new colors, and other interesting tidbits.  It's nice to a company be so forthcoming and it makes me want to support her.

Cult Nails polishes retail for $10, which may seem a bit high to those of us used to paying drugstore prices.  But really, I don't find the prices that bad for a small company just starting out.  It isn't like creating mineral eyeshadows where you can make them at home; Cult Nails actually works with a lab to formulate each of her polishes.  You can tell Maria puts a lot of thought and effort into working with the lab and picking the colors for the collections.  Most of the colors are extremely unique and the formulas of the ones I have tried so far has been amazing.  I feel like you know you are buying quality when you order from them because the owner really cares about her product.

Sorry if this seems overly gushing, but I just find it really inspiring that Maria went for her dream of starting her own company.  I think of how many times I have thought, "I should do this" and never followed through with it because I was afraid of the work it would take or was afraid of not being successful.

But anyway, on to the pictures!  I'll do swatches as soon as my nails stop being gross!


It came packaged in a Flat Rate Box.


The polishes look like little eggrolls wrapped in their packaging material.  Cotton balls are also used as packing material, which I thought was cute and clever.  Everything arrived packed well and nothing was damaged.

From left- My Kind of Cool Aid, Living Water, Iconic, Quench, Devious Nature, Cruisin' Nude, Captivated, Let Me Fly, and Always Winning
Inaugural Collection- My Kind of Cool Aid, Living Water, Iconic, Quench
A Day At The Races Collection- Devious Nature, Cruisin' Nude, Captivated, Let Me Fly, and Always Winning

You can buy Cult Nails' polishes from their website- http://shop.cultnails.com/  Polishes are $10 each or you can buy all 9 polishes for $75, which is what I did.


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh so pretty! I looooove Captivating, Living Water and Always Winning. I hope your nail heals up soon, I'm looking forward to your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Cruisin Nude and there are so many more I want....namely Captivated, My Kind of Cool Aid, Let Me Fly, and Always Winning! She has some great colors! Jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captivated, Let Me Fly, and Always Winning all look really awesome! Is Captivated glitter or flakies? Can't wait to see some manis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lillian- Thanks you! I love these polishes, I'm really itching to show them off!

    @Maribeth- Cruisin' Nude is one of my favorites, if not THE favorite. I love supporting smaller companies, especially when their products are just as good.

    @Robyn- Captivated is glitter, but it's gorgeous. It's hard to tell from my picture, but Iconic has flakies in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your finger cures up soon because these polishes are super fun! I am waitig for the first collection (which I ordered after trying the second one)... A-Mazing. Can't get enough :) I'll be tuning in to see your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live Always Winning, such a pretty colour.
    Can't wait to see swatches of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Iconic, Living Water, Let Me Fly and Cruisin' Nude. I am very impressed with the formula and shades. I hope Maria comes out with more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool that someone was able to start their own nail polish company! It sounds really cool to be able to work with a lab to develop your own colours and formulas. All of these colours look beautiful, I can't wait to see swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...