Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lipstick Swatch Spam with Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks

 Ahh! I'm so excited! I took my first exam in my Chemistry class and I was super nervous about.  I'm one of those lucky people who rarely has to study because for some reason when it comes to school I have a good memory.  Outside of school stuff my memory is terrible.  Like I can't remember people's names for crap.  but I actually had to study for this exam.  It turns out I only missed one question and make a 96, woohoo!  Being smart is pretty much the only thing I have going for me because I'm extremely bland and boring, haha.  Sorry, I just had to share that because I was proud of myself for doing well!

Okay, this post barely qualifies as swatch spam because I only have 4 lipsticks to swatch, but this is all I have.  I'm not particularly fond of Rimmel lipsticks, but I buy them when they are on sale and I have coupons.  First of all, I hate the scent.  To me it smells like a spray disinfectant used in nursing homes or day cares.  It has an overwhelming sickly sweet powdery fruit smell with an undercurrent of chemical goodness.  Yech, not for me. I asked my boyfriend and he said they didn't smell gross, but I don't trust his sense of smell.  He can never smell anything. Luckily on my two older lipsticks the smell has faded a bit and once on my lips the smell fades pretty quickly.

As for the formula, it is pretty good.  I don't think I would pay full price for these, but I never pay full price for drugstore makeup anyway, unless it is something I REALLY have to have, like a limited edition item or something.  I used to not like the formula of these just because I didn't like lipstick, but now I like it.  It's creamy, pigmented and non-streaky or drying.



 The lipsticks with the silver band around the middle are the newer style tubes.  They're a little bit taller and I guess fancier. I dunno, I don't care much about packaging.  As long as it's functional I'm happy.

From left- Pink Champagne, In Vogue, Airy Fairy, Crush
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Pink Champagne
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Airy Fairy
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in In Vogue


These lipsticks are only like 5 or 6 bucks and I bought mine a few on mine while Rimmel was having a 40% off sale at a drugstore (Walgreens I think) and I had some coupons.  So they were worth the few dollars I paid.


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

6 comments:

  1. Lip swatches! Yay! The first two are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vogue is awesome! I hear a lot of good things about airy fairy and I can see why! I love your lip swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Airy Fairy just for the name. Yay for your chem test! I SUCKED at chemistry....like, awfully so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crush and Vogue are gorgeous! I love that weird coloured sheen on Airy Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swatches! I agree with you, Rimmel lipsticks smell really, really.....odd. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's not a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your swatches are fabulous!

    please check out my blog(:
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...