Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 12: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- Holographic Glitter Frankenpolish

Here is a polish I made and then promptly forgot about.  I actually wore it on my toes after I made it, but never on my fingers.  Glitter is such a PITA, but I've been wearing it a lot lately because I don't have time to change my nail polish every other day like I used to, and glitter stays on my nails forever without chipping. I've been resorting to peeling it off when I get tired of it, which isn't doing my nails any favors, but it is rather satisfying.
This franken was incredibly easy.  I have a little glass vial of holographic glitter from Wet n Wild (I think it was from one of their seasonal collections- maybe Halloween?) and I just dumped a bunch in some clear nail polish and added some metal balls to help with mixing.  It's gorgeous but it dries as gritty as sandpaper.  I think I used 3 coats of top coat to get it smooth enough to satisfy me. I've been wearing the polish for over a week now and I only have the tiniest bit of tip wear.  This glitter sticks to my nails like cement.  I am not looking forward to removal!  Although I'll probably give in and try to peel it off.  I actually took a picture of my non-swatching hand.  It was awkward, but I managed to sacrifice my comfort in the name of the blog! Oh, and click here to see untrieds from previous weeks.

This is two coats with base and top coat. 

Frankenpolish- Holographic Glitter in the sun
Frankenpolish- Holographic Glitter in the sun


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

7 comments:

  1. Oh co0l nails-just for a partyyyyy haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty, I love it! Love holographic glitter <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it's so pretty! I love holographic polish and I love glitter. I'm terrible for peeling polishes, I know it's awful for my nails but it's so so satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...