Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lip Swatch Spam with Essence Lipglosses

I love Essence's products.  Of course just like with any brand there are duds, but to me there are surprisingly few for how inexpensive this brand is.  I can't remember exactly how much these lipglosses were (they were on sale at my local grocery store), but they only retail for somewhere between $2 and $3.

I've been obsessed with layering lip products, but didn't really have that many options in my stash.  I wanted to expand my collection of layering glosses, but didn't want to spend a fortune.  I spotted these Essence lipglosses and they're perfect for layering.  My cheap and shitty camera can't pick up the pretty shimmer/glitter in the sheerer shades, so just know that these look way cooler in person.

The glosses are medium thickness, but not sticky.  They feel smooth and moisturizing but not watery or greasy.  I cannot stand the feel of particles or grittiness in my lip products and luckily even the most glittery shades still feel smooth. They don't have a taste that I can detect.  The best way I can describe the smell is fruity, and I actually really like it.  Some fruit scented lip products have the tendency to smell like chemicals or plastic, but this one doesn't.

Since I meant these mainly for layering, I also am showing a swatch of each color over Rimmel's Pink Champagne lipstick as well as by themselves, which looks like this on it's own:

 Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Champagne
From left- Bubble Bath, Rising Star, True Love, Rock On, Pixie Dust
From left- Bubble Bath, Rising Star, True Love, Rock On, Pixie Dust

 These glosses don't have a doe-foot applicator.  It is more elongated, tapered, and flat like a paddle.

From left- Bubble Bath, Rising Star, True Love, Rock On, Pixie Dust
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Bubble Bath
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Bubble Bath over Rimmel Pink Champagne
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Rising Star
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Rising Star over Rimmel Pink Champagne
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in True Love
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in True Love over Rimmel Pink Champagne
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Rock On
Essence XXLShine Lipgloss in Rock On over Rimmel Pink Champagne
Essence Fairytale Lipgloss in Pixie Dust
Essence Fairytale Lipgloss in Pixie Dust over Rimmel Pink Champagne

Whew, that was a lot of lip swatches!

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely swatches! True love looks great. I can't get Essence over here ;___; I love their polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I should look for these next time I'm at Ulta. Love the swatches girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that brand, are they sold in ulta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lillian- That's weird that they wouldn't sell Essence there. It's a European brand after all!

    @frugalspender19- You definitely should! And thank you!

    @Coya- Yes, Essence is sold at Ulta. It's worth checking out if you live near an one. I think they sell Essence on Ulta's website also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...