Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 11: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- Essie Demure Vixen

One of my nails tore off about three-quarters up my nail bed, so I'm stuck with a gross, short, bloody nail on my swatching hand.  Nooooo, not the swatching hand!  Ugh, I'm going to have to wait until it grows out a bit to take pictures because it bothers me too much.  Luckily I wear nail polish faster than I can post about them so I have a few pictures already taken.  So my nail lengths in pictures are going to varying wildly over the next few weeks.

I bought this polish when it first came out, which was awhile ago, but I barely wore it a month ago.  I just figured it would be too boring for my tastes.  Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly unispired I pick several polishes at random and tell my boyfriend to pick one.  Because he loves me, he feigns interest and plays along.  Almost every time he will pick either a green polish or the most sparkly one there is, but this time he picked Essie's Demure Vixen.  I asked him why and he said because it looks "dirty".  Haha, I guess that's a good reason.  Oh, click here to see my what untrieds I wore in previous weeks.

If I remember correctly this was at least 3 coats. I find that Essie polishes usually apply a bit sheerly.  And I really should have put another layer of topcoat on before taking pictures as the finish looks sort of dull.  But, I took these pictures after four days of wearing the polish and it still looks pretty damn good.

Essie Demure Vixen in the sun.
Essie Demure Vixen in the shade


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

6 comments:

  1. O own this polish and I love it. It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I need this. Like, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Pretty! I've always overlooked Essie because I think it looks boring. How do you get your nails to not chip after four days?! =O

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! Good choice =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made my day.....I have been looking for a color that is similar to my long lost love, OPI's Mojave Mystic Mauve (a color that came out waaaaaaay back when I first went to "nail school" in 1998!) Aside from buying a $40 crusty old bottle on Ebay, I think this is better. It is just how I remember my Mojave to be, with that subtle shimmer in it. I'm so happy! Thanks for picking this "dirty" color today...hahahahah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jewels and nails- Thank you! It's a gorgeous polish.

    @Vijaya- I love it, it's a more neutral color, but isn't boring at all.

    @RoboZelda- Yeah, Essie usually is on the more boring side. And I'm not sure how. My polish usually never chips, I just get tip wear.

    @Miranda- I love this color! I think I'm going to have to wear it again soon.

    @Maribeth- Yay! I'm glad I could help! If you do buy this I want to hear how you like it. I love polishes that have unexpected contrasting shimmer. I bought the whole Cult Nails collection and Cruisin' Nude is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...