Saturday, August 20, 2011

Diving for Pearls with Wet n Wild

Ugh, I hate limited edition collections from the drugstore. Mainly because none of my local drugstores ever carry them. No joke, I went to 8 different drugstores a few weeks ago looking for the various summer collection and cam up empty. I guess I should have called, but I've tried that before and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. One tried to tell me that drugstore makeup companies don't have limited edition collections.

So I was at a random grocery store I never go to and found a few polished from Wet n Wild's summer polish collection just sitting on a shelf. Unfortunately none of the ones I really wanted were there besides the one I'm showing you today, Diving for Pearls. the color is gorgeous, but the brush is the worst brush I have ever seen. I think I just got a defective one because they bristles are all random lengths and make it really hard to apply neatly. But the color is worth. This is one of my favorite teals!

This is two coats with base and top coat.

In the sun
In the sun
In the shade
How about you guys? Did anyone have any luck finding the limited edition drugstore collections?


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

11 comments:

  1. My local DS has a few bottles leftover, but I haven't had a chance to pop over there. What's silly about this is that it's just 2 blocks away! You'd think I'd be able to make it over there. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brush from this one sucked too...I have 2 from this collection and they were both the worst brushes ever! Too bad because the colors are great! Why are the Wet N Wild limited editions so hard to find? I get lucky once in awhile, but they are never consistent..BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous color. I agree about the brushes though. Most of the ones I've gotten in these bottles (the $1.99 ones) have been duds.. but the ones in the $.99 nail polish seem to be good. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really neat application given the wonky brush situation!

    I have given up on trying to find anything WnW limited edition. It just doesn't exist here in my town, I swear. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color! I have the worst luck finding limited edition drugstore collections! I think I need to find better drugstores to search at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive had that same issue with this particular collection): i still havent found any, theyre so pretty to, sadnessss lol!

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'One tried to tell me that drugstore makeup companies don't have limited edition collections'

    Errrrr. Hahaha! Anyway... this colour was worth the wait, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that is such a gorgeous colour! Your nails are just lovely. I wish I could get a hold of Wet n Wild more easily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have horrible luck finding them. One day I went to 10 different Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens in my area, - found ONE place with the WnW limited eyeshadows. Then on Friday I found the same collection at the one 2 miles from my home :( DANG IT! I think a lot of them get the collections really late? I WANT THE NAIL POLISH COLLECTION THOUGH!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drugstores seem to be SO inconsistent when it comes to carrying collections and LE stuff. That is SO annoying! I've been loving teal nails for summer lately, I love the shimmer in this one! Also, the brush is not a defective one....I just bought a couple of the new WnW Fast Dry polishes and the brushes are a complete MESS and they apply the polish horribly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...