Sunday, August 21, 2011

Estee Lauder Precious Jade Shadowcreme- My New Favorite Cream Eyeshadow

I think I'm turning into an Estee Lauder fangirl and it kind of scares me! They make my favorite blush ever (Radiant Peach) and now I've fallen in love with their Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCremes. The ridiculously long name is the only thing I don't like about them, but I can overlook that as they are pure love in a jar sprinkled with pieces of heaven.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade
Before buying this, Benefit's Creaseless Cream shadows were my Holy Grail cream shadow just because they never crease on me and I can wear them without primer. However, some of the colors are a bit on the sheer side and I wish that they had more vibrant color options. Buxom's Stay-There cream shadows come in a wider range of colors, but I can only get away with not wearing primer if I use a really thin layer. I still really like them though. I like Benefit's and Buxom's cream shadows for different reasons, but this one combines those reason into one product!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade
At 0.17 oz these are bigger than Benefit's (1.16 oz) and Buxom's (0.12) and the same size as MAC's Paint Pots.

I don't particularly care for the gold packaging ad I think it looks a bit dated, but packaging, especially packaging color, is a bit of a non-issue for me.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade
The swatch on the left is a heavy swatch while the one on the right is blended out. The color is a medium mossy green with gold shimmer. The texture is creamy and it spreads easily. I mostly use my fingers for cream shadows, but I didn't have any problems using a brush to with this (some cream shadows are notoriously hard to pick up with a brush). It blends well and the pigmentation is buildable. It does dry down, but it strikes the perfect balance for me of long enough to blend, but not too long to where it creases.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade
This look is JUST the shadow and mascara. You can see that it blended out nicely at the edges but packs a nice amount of color on the lid.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in Precious Jade
Here is the same look after 6 hours. My mascara is a little smudged but- No creasing! And I didn't wear primer either! Just a disclaimer about my eyelids- I have pretty normal eyelids that rarely get oily. However I still have to wear primer with most eyeshadows or they will crease. I can't guarantee these eyeshadows will work without a primer for everyone, but they do for me.


This also works amazingly well as a base for powder eyeshadows. I used MAC's Jealousy Wakes and Hocus Pocus over the Precious Jade ShadowCreme.

I love this so much and want to buy them all! I wish they were cheaper than $17.50, but they are high end, so that is to be expected. And actually, they are the same price as MAC's Paint Pots, $1.50 cheaper than Benefit's Creaseless cream shadows, and only $0.50 more than Buxom's (which have less product).

Pros:
  • Last all day without primer on me
  • Very pigmented, but can be sheered out if desired
  • Smooth and creamy texture
  • Applies evenly, without patchiness
  • Allow enough time to blend, but still dry down quickly
  • Good base for powder eyeshadows
Cons:
  • I can't afford to buy them all RIGHT NOW!
  • There is a decent shade selection, but there could always be more. More bold colors would be nice, too.

Available:
  • These retail for $17.50 and are sold on Estee Lauder's website, in department stores, and other various places online

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. o_O is pretty much all I can say. THAT is niiiice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah,well, what else can I say except you are responsible for my new lemming, Jessi. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I'm seriously lemming one in 'Golden Sand", which is an antique gold. This one really makes your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!!! it's gorgeous! i've been really into cream shadows lately, this is a stunning one :D


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color looks absolutely stunning with your eye color. wow. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Robyn- I looooooove it. I just wish I could afford to buy them all!

    @Chris- Haha, sorry! If you get one let me know what you think!

    @Steph- Oooh, I want to get Golden Sand next. but really i need them all. :)

    @Amber- Me too! Green is one of my favorite colors to wear.

    @Vonnie- Same here. Cream shadows have been my addiction lately!

    @Y- Thank you! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWIE! That green is amazing, perfect, flawless. EVERYONE NEEDS THAT! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...