Saturday, August 27, 2011

LORAC TANtalEYES Palette Swatches

Here is a quick review of LORAC's TANtalEYES palette. Of course, being the terrible procrastinator that I am, I'm posting this when most retailers don't even have it in stock any more. If you're going to buy it (and you should because it's awesome!) I highly recommend you buy it from BeautyBar.com. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just got some amazing customer service from them. Check my post from yesterday to read about it!

This normally comes as a set with a tube of shimmery bronzing stuff, but I like being pale so I gave it away.



Ooooh, look at the shiny! The outer packaging is really cool, it's gold rainbow-y at the same time. It's a tad bulky for an eyeshadow quad, but not too bad.




It's even pretty on the inside! The eyeshadows are baked and come in the little dome form typical of baked makeup.




The shadows themselves are insanely soft and pigmented. These may be the best formula of eyeshadow i have ever used. The colors themselves are a little warm-toned for my liking, but the formula is just so freaking amazing I had to have it. This is just one swipe. Usually I have to go over a swatch several times to get it the size I want, but just a tiny bit when a long way. These aren't powdery at all, but buttery, smooth, and pigmented. LOVE.

Baked shadows are notorious for being sheer and difficult to work with, and these may be the exception as they are a far cry from sheer and difficult to work with.




This was my first look I did with this palette.




And the second look.



I love, love, love this formula and I wonder if LORAC's other baked shadows are just as good...



Pros:
  • Extremely pigmented
  • Soft, buttery smooth texture
  • Blend well
  • No fallout
 Cons:
  •  $36 is a bit high for an eyeshadow quad

Available:



Thanks you reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. I like Lorac shadows in general, but they can be a lil too pricey for a poor mouse like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All four of these colours are lovely and go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold and olivey colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold looks gorgeous on your eyes. I'll have to go see what the Lorac is like. I've never really tried it since I'm usually oohing and aahing over the urban decay section ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the looks and the packaging! This palette isn't something I would normally go for, but after looking at the swatches I am just drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...