Monday, August 15, 2011

Revlon Colorburt Lipgloss in Hot Pink Swatches

I normally hate getting samples of makeup on those little cards where you peel back the foil and a little blob of whatever is sitting there. It just kind of grosses me out for some reason. Plus, there usually isn't enough product in there for you to decide if you like the product or not.

But I got a sample of Revlon's Colorburst lipgloss in Hot Pink and I decided to swatch it for you guys. The funny thing is that I *almost* bought this lipgloss before I tried the sample. I'm glad I didn't because I really didn't like this one.



Eww, does it look gross?

With flash
Without flash, indoor lighting
The swatches look really nice. The gloss looks really pigmented and smooth. It also is a bit thick, but I can't really comment on the texture as I'm not sure how well the sample compares to the actual gloss.  the reason I didn't like this gloss is because it SUPER GRITTY. I hate any sort of gritty texture in my liglosses at all. but that isn't the only thing I hated. After removing the lipgloss with a paper towel my lips were coated in a layer of silver micro glitter. And somehow the glitter had migrated up to my nose and down to my chin. As much as I liked the way the gloss looked, the grittiness put me off buying it and the glitter lips after the gloss was removed and glitter migration were the icing on the cake.


Ugh, I love the way it looks, but the issues are too big for me to ignore. I would be willing to try another shade that isn't quite so glittery, but I am wary now. Have any of you tried these glosses? What do you think?

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any Revlon Colorburst glosses, but I have tried other lipglosses that contain glitter. I sometimes think men come up with these ideas, because most women I know wouldn't dream of wearing glitter on their lips.

    Personally, I think glittery lips at a photo shoot work well, but in real life it's just not practical. Glitter is hard to control, and getting it all over your mouth is just a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a shame because the color is gorgeous and I love a *good* glittery gloss! But it's not worth it if it feels glittery and it migrates around. Booooo. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that is sad to hear because glittery is good, but *not* if it migrates. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a shame, it looks stunning! Barry M used to make a glittery lipgloss that was stunning but felt hideous, it was like it was full of sand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I hate those little samples! I never open them because they just make a huge mess and it makes it hard to apply the produst when you are scraping it off of essentially a piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...