Sunday, August 14, 2011

Physician's Formula Eyeliner Swatches

I have an essay to write and 2 exams to study for. Yikes! And of course I stayed up until 4 am reading (on my new Kindle, yay!). I have only been awake for an hour but I'm pretty sure I need a nap, haha. The days are too short and I have too much to do! Well, at least I'm not bored.

Today I have a few quick swatches of some Physician's Formula eye liners. Swatch all the liners! ;-)



From right to left:
  • Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner for Green Eyes
  • Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner, Glam Collection for Green Eyes
  • Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Hazel Eyes 

I love these eyeliners. Both the cream liners and the pencils last all day on me, even without eye primer. The black liners apply the best, but I don't have major issues with any of them, although the two light shades in the middle are a bit sheer. I don't use the brush that came with the cream liners as I could never get it to work for me. And actually that stupid brush was the reason I never would use them. But I got an eyeliner brush I love (Sonia Kashuk's bent eyeliner brush) and I us them all the time now.

I'll talk in detail about each trio under their individual pictures.

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner for Green Eyes
These are all very pigmented. I've had this set for about 3 years and haven't had any problems with the liners drying out. The only annoying thing about the packaging is that the caps never go on straight. To get them as tight as they need to be, the caps won't line up with the rest of the pot. It makes them really annoying to store.

The purple is one of my favorite eyeliner colors ever. The black is extremely pigmented and applies smoothly. It has a smattering of green sparkles, but they aren't super obvious on the eye. I like the green too, it's completely unlike anything else in my collection.

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner, Glam Collection for Green Eyes

I don't like this set as much as the one above, but I still use it. I rarely use the metallic lavender pink and silver as eyeliner on the upper lashes, but they actually work really well as cream shadows. It is hard to tell in the picture, but the silver has little gold flakes in it that are really pretty. The black, like the black from the set above, is very pigmented and smooth. Instead of the green sparkles, this one has silver

I also don't have the issue with the lids not lining up with the pots like I do with the first trio.

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Hazel Eyes

I rarely buy the twist-up pencil types of eyeliners, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because they only ever seem to come in boring colors? I don't know. I really like this trio, though. The first shade is a gorgeous darkened taupe and I wear it all the time. I don't own anything else like, everything else is either too brown, too dark, too warm toned, or too gold. The middle color is supposed to be pink. Yeah, it looks purple to me. I'm not a huge fan of this color (the opacity and wear time are good), maybe just because what I really want was an actual pink eyeliner. I still don't have one! The black is a soft black. It's hard to tell but this one is black with pink shimmer, which makes it not as deep. It's really pretty and unique and I wear when I don't need a harsh black.

 

Available:

·         All of the eyeliner trios retail for $10.95 and are available at drugstores and wherever Physician's Formula is sold. $10.95 may seem like a lot for drugstore makeup, but you get three eyeliners in the set, so that works out to less than $4 each.

 

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

12 comments:

  1. OMG! That green is AWESOME. I have the pencil trio for blue eyes - it has a brown and blackened blue (which saddens me - not actually blue!), and a black with blue glitter, like the black with green glitter on yours. The brown is awesome in that set! The blue is like a less-cool version of an Urban Decay liner (Binge).

    I'll have to check out the gel liners it seems! I wonder if the blue set is as cool as your green one.... ::GOOGLES::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the cream liners for green eyes (first one you showed) and the twist up ones for hazel eyes (last one you showed), yay! I love them. I have the same problem with the lids on the cream liners, though, which is annoying but you're right- that purple is awesome. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird! I just bought the rio for hazel eyes yesterday! I've barely used it, but I'm a fan of the magenta.

    (On a side note, why are all those shadow kits for blue eyes full of blue eyeshadow? My eyes are a lovely bright blue, but blue eyeshadow just makes them look ridiculous!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Sometime I'll have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Glam collection is my fave! Love the metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually wearing the Purple shade from the gel liner trio for Brown Eyes now. It's surprisingly sheer. I swatched it on my arm for that haul post and it looked like a stronger swatch on my arm.

    I'm glad you love these liners. I have to test out the other shades in my trio before decide whether I should toss it in the blog sale bin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these, Jessi!! They do look really beautiful. I think PF has some really choice products out there that I'm really eager to try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! They look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that green and those 2 metallic shades! So pretty. Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look so good! How can I pick just one to try? Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I LOVE the green one! And the black one with green glitter is so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great swatches! I've seen these before but I never really liked any Physician's Formula stuff that I tried. It looks like these liners are really nice, however.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...