Friday, August 26, 2011

Awesome Customer Service Makes Me Happy! BeautyBar.com Review

I've never written a post like this because it takes A LOT to impress me customer service wise. But I just wanted to let you guys know about one of my best customer service experiences ever. If you've never purchased from BeautyBar.com, you really need to!

Several weeks ago I decided I NEEDED the Hot Off the Red Carpet set from LORAC. Everywhere I checked was sold out. I found this website called Beauty Bar that I had never heard of before (it's affiliated with soap.com, diapers.com, and wag.com) that still stocked it. They has free 1-2 day shipping on all orders over $39, which is freakin awesome. I also found a coupon online (BBCATALOG) for $15 off a $50 purchase or $30 off a $100 purchase. They have a fairly limited selection compared to say, Sephora, but still have similar items. Anyway, I ended up buying a bottle of Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe, too and my total came out to $39 (didn't have to pay taxes either, woohoo!), the exact amount for free shipping. The set sells for $36 and the polish for $18, so this would have cost me $54 plus tax and shipping elsewhere. The only only bad thing is that they only ship to the US, boo.


So my order came really quickly. Annnnd, I promptly forgot I bought it and it sat in the box unopened for 3 weeks. On Sunday I opened it and realized that one of the baked shadows was smashed. I sent them an email saying what happened (this was at 4pm Sunday afternoon). I checked my email around 9:30 pm and saw that I had gotten an email saying that they had shipped me out a replacement and it would be here Wednesday. I had no idea they would react that quickly! And then I remember I was going out of town and wasn't going to be at home Wednesday - Sunday and I would miss the package. I have terrible phone anxiety, but I called the customer service number anyway. By this time it was 10 pm Sunday night and I didn't think anyone would answer. A guy answered on the second ring. I was shocked. I first asked if I needed to return the broken items and he said I didn't need to, which was awesome. I then told him about me being out of town in the coming week. My package had already left the warehouse, but he gave me the option of a refund on my debit card, having the package rerouted to my parent's address (which is where I'm going this week) or he would call UPS tomorrow and ask them to hold the package at the nearest location to my house until I returned. I had them reroute the package. He said it may delay it a day at the most. He was ridiculously nice, professional, and helpful and I think I might be in love with him. Heh.

Sorry for the long ass sorry, but it's not often we receive mind blowing customer service like that and I just wanted to share.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a super nice guy! I wish I had been that nice when I worked in retail. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Good customer service can brighten any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing compares to great customer service....it makes all the difference. Way to go...I am def going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...