Saturday, May 7, 2011

How Many Lip Products Are Too Many To Have In Your Purse?

Okay, let me just get this out there right now... I have 23 lip products in my purse.  23!

Earlier I was cleaning out my purse (mostly old receipts) when my boyfriend looked over and gawked at my pile of lip glosses, lipsticks, and lip balms.

"Are those all YOURS?" He asked me with a horrified look on his face.  I didn't tell him that these are just the ones from my purse.  I have another 5 to 6 on my desk, 2 on HIS desk, 3 by my bed, and 10 to 15 scattered around the rest of the house.

I'm not sure how I manage to fit them in my medium-small purse along with my hair brush, oversized wallet, body spray, lotion, various pens, feminine hygiene products (always be prepared!), pocket knife, and a fork.  Yes a fork.  For emergencies. Oh, and a miniature sewing kit.  Also for emergencies.

Yeah, so I have 23 lippies in my purse: 4 lipsticks, 3 lip balms, 3 lip products in pots, 1 lip gloss with a brush tip, 6 lip glosses with doe-foot applicators, and 6 lip glosses in squeeze tubes.


Here is a list of everything in case anyone is interested:
  • Alba Passion Fruit Nectar lip balm
  • Benefit Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15
  • Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
  • Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
  • CO Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine
  • Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Jasmine
  • Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate
  • Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Raspberry
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass in Partial to Pink
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass in Loud & Lovely
  • MAC Lipglass in Strange Potion
  • MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam Cyndi
  • MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam Cyndi
  • MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 + Lavender in Calm Mode
  • NYC Rose Lip Gloss
  • Revlon Colorburst in Crystal Lilac
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Peach Petal
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Champagne
  • Tarte PureOptic lipgloss in Golden Pink
  • Wet n Wild Glassy Gloss in Glass in in Session
  • Wet n Wild Glassy Gloss in This Too Shall Glass
  • Wet n Wild lipsticks in 906D

Okay, now I think I'm going to weed about half of these out and rotate them back in as I get bored with the ones I'm keeping.  Only thing is that I can't decide which ones to keep in!  Maybe I just need a bigger purse...

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. no no that seems to be just the right amount of lippies for a purse :3 lol The thing that happens to me is I put them in my bag and then forget that I left them in there and freak out when I can't find them XD lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the exact same thing....instead of switching out which one I plan on using for the day, I just keep throwing them in there! Lip stuff is so fun too, and really the only thing you get to reapply & revisit during the day! I knew I had a problem waaaaay back when I was working at job with a bunch of women who weren't that into makeup. At the time, I was obsessed with Buxom Lip polishes, and one of my coworkers saw me using one and asked about it. I said, "Ooh, I think I have a few more in my bag I can show you...". I proceeded to pull out 18 Buxoms, which seemed excessive but not CRAZY, however the look on my coworkers face was priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, that's quite a lot. I have about two of them in mine.. But you'll never have to search through your purse now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 23. In your purse.

    ..Are you Mary Poppins? Is it a purse of holding? These are my first two thoughts.

    My other thoughts: heck yeah emergency fork! :)

    Finally, Bert's Bees started in Maine. Represent, Maine! REPRESENT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, you have me beat by two! ;)

    *lippie addicts unite*

    http://beautybloggerbri.blogspot.com/2011/11/whats-in-my-purse.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...