Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 4: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- OPI OPI Red and Some Glitter

This is the fourth week of my challenge. Woohoo!  Here are the other 3 weeks in case you missed them.

I have a lot of nail polish.  Too many really.  I have over 400 (I stopped counting when I reached that) and probably haven't worn a fourth of them.  I've seen people on other blogs challenge themselves to swatch their untried polishes and I really liked that idea.  But, I wanted to take it a step further and challenge myself to WEAR the polish for several days, not just swatch it.  I bought them because I wanted to wear them, and dammit, that is what I'm going to do!  So once a week I will be showing you an untried polish from my stash.  And I challenge everyone to go through their stashes, whether makeup, nail polish, or both, and actually WEAR some of the things they've bought but have never used.  You may just discover something awesome you didn't know you had!

I was looking in my red/pink nail polish drawer and realized I have way more red and pink OPIs than I remember buying.  I seriously do not remember buying them at all.  Red and pink are probably my least used colors so I don't know what even possessed me to buy them.  Thinking really hard I remember going into a random grocery store I never go to and finiding a basket of discounted OPI polishes.  I guess that must be where they came from.  Since I didn't even know I didn't even I have them, all are unworn.

This is OPI OPI Red.  Yes, I meant to put OPI twice.  The brand is OPI and the color is OPI Red.  Nice and confusing.  It is a bright neutral red with subtle red shimmer.  It took a little searching to find out where this is from, but apparently it's from OPI's Classic Collection.  I don't where red much, but there is nothing like red nails.  They just look classy to me.  Apparently most men are supposed to find red sexy.  It's also apparent that my boyfriend isn't most men.  I showed him my shiny red nails and asked if they were sexy.  He looked at me incredulously and said, "How can NAILS be sexy?  Plus, that's an old lady color."  Haha, I don't care what he thinks.  I still like 'em.
 
 This was 3 coats with base and top coat.

OPI OPI Red in the sun
OPI OPI Red in the shade

And just because I can I pulled out another polish I haven't used and slapped it over the red.  This is one coat of NYC's Starry Silver Glitter.  It has 3 sizes of glitter- tiny silver micro glitter, regular sized silver holo glitter, and large blue and pink hex glitter.  I always like glitter, but I actually think I prefer the red alone.

In the sun
In the shade
Almost looks patriotic doesn't it?

Available:

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. @ Vijaya- Thank you ma'am! They're getting too long though. I'm losing my ability to type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color! And , LMAO @ your boyfriends comment...hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty shade :) Love your nails...they look very well maintained!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ shimmer- That's one of the things I love about him, he gives me his honest opinion if I ask for it!

    @Appu- Thank you so much! I maintain my nails by not touching them at all unless I'm fixing a break or changing the polish, haha Otherwise I'm tempted to pick on them, which is NOT pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...