Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 8: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- NYX Girls Collection Noir

Disclaimer: As you are probably aware, there was a big incident involving NYX Cosmetics.  Due to their lack of customer service and questionable business practices I cannot recommend buying directly from them.  If you wish to purchase NYX products I would recommend Cherry Culture, Beauty Joint, or Ulta.

I forgot to bring any untried polishes with me on vacation besides this one. I just got it last week, so it IS an untired, but still sort of cheating for me to use it when I'm trying to go back through all the polishes I've had forever and never used.  See?  I told you guys I buy polishes faster than I can use them.  Next week I'll try and get back on track by showing a polish I've had for at least a year and have never used. I have plenty left. (Look here to see what I've worn previously of my untrieds.)

And look, I chopped off my nails!  I think I have a few more swatch pictures with my longer nails, but they're short now.  And my nails were never super long, but it was getting hard to type with them, so I hacked 'em off.

This was 3 coats of Collection Noir with base and top coat.

NYX Girls Collection Noir in the sun
This a black creme base with primarily gold shimmer, but there is also some green and copper and a few other colors thrown in.

NYX Girls Collection Noir in the shade
My mood has the tendency to change quickly, sometimes instantly after I apply my polish.  This time I put it on and was instantly bored with it.  Sometimes I crave something understated, but now now.  So what did I do?  Why, I slapped some glitter on top of course.


First I use one coat of China Glaze 5 Golden Rings, which is just gold micro glitter in a clear base.  Of course that STILL wasn't blingy enough for me so I used one coat of China Glaze Golden Enchantment, which is a sparse gold holographic micro glitter in a clear base.  Okay, now I'm happy. :)


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. I like the sparkle, but I've decided I'm not buying any new Nyx because of the very incident you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the same with me... I tend to buy nail polishes faster than I can try them, but I can't help it! I love my collection so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vijaya- Yeah, I won't be buying any more NYX either, but I'll continue to use what I have because I like the product. It's a shame the company has to be like they are.

    @Beauty Addict- I love my collection too! I take polishes out of my Helmer all of the time just to look at them. I wish I could hang them on the wall, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually a huge fan of black polishes, but that gold shimmer is trying to change my mind! I heard all about NYX's "failsale" but their website doesn't ship to my country, so I usually buy off other e-tailers. Regardless of how crappy their customer service was for you guys who did participate, I'm too addicted to stop buying from them... how bad is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I'm loving the black and gold!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...