Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 5: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- MAC Imperial Flower

Here I am chuggin' along at week 5 of my challenge to wear all my untried polishes (Click here to see what I wore the last 4 weeks) and I've already discovered some gems.  Like this week's.

MAC's polishes weren't really on my radar until pretty recently.  For the price, the formula seemed rather nasty and the colors didn't seem too unique.  They seem to be stepping up their game a bit recently.  I was especially impressed with their Jin Soon-collaborated limited edition collection of polishes  for Fall 2010.  I bought both Ming Blue and Imperial Flower but now I'm wishing I had bought more (aka all of them).  I don't know why I haven't worn this one yet, but I always do that.  I buy a polish I'm super excited about, put it with the rest of my stash, and promptly forget about it.  If I don't put it on right away it will be months before I discover it again.

This was 3 coats with base and top coat.

MAC Imperial Flower in the sun
Imperial Flower is a bright, saturated red-orange with golden orange and red tiny shimmer flakes.

MAC Imperial Flower in the shade
MAC Imperial Flower macro shot
Available:
  • This polish was limited edition so it is no longer available from MAC, but I was able to find it at All Cosmetics Wholesale for $12.99.  And you're saving a penny off the original price! Haha.

Thank you for reading and hae a great day/night/whatever!

6 comments:

  1. Even though I'm not into orange, I like that. I bought Style Clan. I think that's one of the Fall 2010 colors, but I'm not sure? *color fail*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vijaya- I've heard of Style Clan but have no idea where it's from. I'm terrible at keeping track of MAC's releases so I don't even bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a great pedi color for summer! I love orangey-ness on toes for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, orange. Love orange :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - LOVE those gold flecks! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm way, way, way late commenting on this - but I LOVE this polish. I need it in my life! Now I just have to justify the cost to myself... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...