Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour Lipstick Rivals High End Lippies

There seem to be a lot of high end, sheer, glossy lipsticks coming out lately, for Example Dior's Addict line.  These seem right up my alley as I'm still in the begining processes of wearing brighter/more opaque colors on my lips.  A few weeks ago when I was at Sephora I almost bought one of the Addict lipsticks, but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for one.
AND, I found something cheaper I liked just as much- Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour lipsticks. I've bought a lot of stuff from Sephora, but hardly any of it has been from their house brand.  Now I'm thinking I need to pay more attention to it!  At just $12 and coming in 20 different shades, these lipsticks are perfect for those of us who like sheerer lip colors sometimes (and don't want to pay over $30 for the high end ones).  $12 seems like a really good price for this lipstick seeing as some drugstore lippies approach that price.  And if you love opaque lipsticks, Sephora has a formula for that, although I haven't tried it. My Sephora never has these in stock, or has a very limited selection.  I'm not sure if they sell out quickly or if it's just that they never restock them.  As I have never heard much buzz about these, I'm going to assume the latter.

Here is what Sephora has to say about them:

"What it is:
Hydrating, semi-sheer lipstick.

What it does:
Rich color can still be natural looking. This unique formula combines long-lasting wear, vibrant color, and moist, see-through color. The effect is nothing short of naturally glamorous." 

Well, I can say that not ALL the colors are vibrant, as the one I got isn't.  It's a light pinky nude. But I don't think a pinky nude is supposed to be vibrant.

Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour Lipstick in Light Candy 01
Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour Lipstick in Light Candy 01

I love the packaging of this lipstick.  It's hard to tell but it's a sleek dark silvery grey gunmetal color tube.  It's really pretty, although as you can see it attracts fingerprints like crazy.

Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour Lipstick in Light Candy 01

 You can tell from my arm swatch that this is a sheer color.  But it's so pale that I think it would look weird if it were any more opaque.  It is also really glossy, almost like a light lipgloss in lipstick form.  The texture is thin, slick, and emollient.  It feels really moisturizing on my lips.  Of course you can probably guess that due to these qualities this is hardly a long wearing lipstick.  The wear time is really short, but I don't mind reapply my lip products, in fact I really like to do it.  I'm weird.

Sephora's Lip Attitude Glamour Lipstick in Light Candy 01

Ahh, I love this lipstick so much!  I can't wait to try some of the brighter, bolder colors.  I bet they probably wear longer, too.  



Available:
  • $12 at Sephora's website and in some Sephora stores (the Sephora in JCPenny near me doesn't carry these)

2 comments:

  1. For something that isn't high end, I have to say, I wish this were cheaper. xP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...