Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 6: Shopping my Stash for Untried Polish- Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac

So here I am at Week 6 of me trying to wear all my untrieds.  I have come to the conclusion that this project is a failure.  I started it in hopes that I would eventually use all of the polishes I have yet to wear.  But this will never happen because it seems I buy polishes faster than I can wear them.  This probably means I have a problem. :) Oh, click here to see what I wore the past 5 weeks.
My boyfriend calls this a "dirty" color.  Strangely enough, that is a compliment in his eyes.  One time he actually told me, "Why don't you wear that dirty color?"  He was referring to Essie Demure Vixen, which is one of my favorite polishes.  Anyway, this a greyed light lavender with irregular shaped green shimmer.  The dirty-looking creme base looks stunning juxtaposed against the green shimmer.  I really love this polish.  I wish I had worn it earlier!

My only quibble is that this took 4 coats to reach an opacity where I couldn't see my nail line.  I don't really mine though; I'll put up with 4 coats for colors I love.

This is a full mani with base and top coats.

Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac in the sun
Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac in the shade
Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac macro


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. I never do four coats, regardless of the color. Really pretty colors get 3-coat immunity, from me, but never four. xP

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! How long did this take to dry? You must have been sitting around FOREVER @.@ but the color really is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vijaya- I used to be like that, but with Seche Vite it dries so fast I don't mind doing 4 coats.

    @Beatrice- If I didn't use a fast drying top coat it probably would have taken awhile. But Seche Vite dries it pretty much instantly. Love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...