Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quick Review: elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion

Well, I'm pooped. The nice thing is that I get to sleep in tomorrow. No school, yay! The bad thing is that I have 3 more tests coming with two on Friday. It's probably not true, but I feel woefully unprepared. Then again, the first tests of the semester always make me feel that way.

My lack of time prompted these quick swatch/review posts that I'll be doing occasionally. I'll do this for products I feel don't need an in-depth review and I can just give a few quick thoughts on.

elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion
elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion
elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion
elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion
I wanted to love this blush because the color looked cool in the pan, but it just didn't work for me.  I am extremely pale so I tend to be pretty washed out looking most of the time, but this blush did nothing for my complexion. The color is like Pepto-Bismol (or Pink Bismuth as I'm too cheap to buy name brands), pastel yet almost neon at the same time.Plus, the texture is powdery and a bit chalky. It didn't want to "stick" to my skin that well and didn't last as long as blushes normally do on me.  I would be willing to try another blush from elf's studio line, but this one just didn't do it for me.

I tried it twice and hated it equally both times.



Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks cute! I need a bubble-gummy blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that on the last pic the thing I wanted to comment about most is the purple liner? ... Attention span and focus- I need more of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find bright, baby pinks like that tend to not look good on their own on me, as well. For the pinks I have that are like that, I will do blush layering, and use it to accentuate another blush I am using primarily in a look, instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Robyn, I actually think it looks nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and really love it, I actually think it looks great on you! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...