Sunday, September 11, 2011

Glitter and Holographic Franken Creations

Thanks to the bestest idea ever by the most badass redhead on the planet, Robyn, I've been creating frankens like a mad woman. Because I've spent a whole day playing The Sims instead of doing the things I planned to do, I don't have any swatches for you. But the bottle pictures are still pretty cool. Most of them are holos, after all.

The first one isn't a holo, but I still luff it. It's pretty much glitter puke in a black jelly base.


I used equal parts of all the polishes you see in the background and about 20 or 25 drops of a black creme.  This was before I mixed it (you can see my little container of BBs I used as mixing balls in the background) and I love the way the glitter layers look.


This was 6 glitter polishes and I already have plans for another using as many glitters as I can manage to squeeze in.


This is a baggie of the powder I use to make the holo frankens (here is my green one). It is what all the old really holo polishes were made with. I read somewhere, but can no longer find the post, that the FDA decided not to allow the use of the powder for cosmetic purposes any longer, which is why you no longer see those really pretty linear holo polishes. I read the Material Data Safety Sheet for this powder, and I'm fairly comfortable that this isn't going to harm me (unless I breathe it is, as it is tiny metal particles). Also this stuff is crazy expensive. 1 gram (this bag you see here) cost me $18. But you hardly need any at all to get the holo effect in your polishes.


And here are all the frankens I've created in the past few days. I'm currently wearing the silver middle one over a black base coat, which I'll show you pictures of soon. I think I'll either wear the black glitter puke or the blue holo next.  And I have more idea for new colors too!


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I am drooling! So looking forward to your swatches. I NEED tht spectraflair. I wonder if it's suitable for use in cosmetics in the UK hmm... Also love the black glittery one, it looks so pretty in it's layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that top one looks soooo cute! ALmost like one of those sand layering craft things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and green one look amazing. I can't wait to see what they look like on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your definition, "glitter puke in a black jelly base" haha. It is so stinkin' pretty, I can't wait to see it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the glitter puke one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...