Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Number One Talent- Spending Money

First of all I want to thank those of you who comment on my mopey post yesterday. Everything you guys said really touched me and I immediately started crying like the big weepy dope that I am. I've decided to stop putting so much pressue on myself to post every day. If I don't have anything to say that day, I'm not going to beat myself up about not posting. Well, I'm going to try this anyway. :) I'm feeling a bit better right now. Hopefully it stays that way!

As you may know I've been reaaaally trying to cut back on my spending. I actually went a few weeks without buying anything, which is a record for me. I'm a sucker for a sale, so this weekend and all the labor day sales were especially difficult. But I did it! So, to reward myself, I spent money. Haha, I'm so bad. But at Walgreens most Maybelline cosmetics are 40% off until Sunday and I had a bunch of $1 coupons so I couldn't resist. I ended up paying $36 plus tax for what would have been $79 plus tax full price.


Sometimes I feel like my blog is a little impersonal and I think maybe that is why my interest in blogging is waning a bit. Like every other human being who has ever existed, I like talking about myself. You are under no obligation to pay attention; if you want to just look at the pretty makeup pictures, that's cool, too. Just as long as you keep coming back! Haha.


When I was in high school my parents bought a house out in the middle of nowhere. The area was gorgeous. We lived right up against a body of water called a resaca (apparently they're former channels of the Rio Grande). Our back yard went right up to the edge of this water. We had a shitty metal boat and one oar, but my boyfriend and I liked to out and paddle around looking for alligators. I never saw one, but my parents did a few times! I sort of miss living there, but my parents sold the house and moved back to Austin when my brother graduated from high school.


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

9 comments:

  1. Woah, cool! That sounds terrifying, I would never go out looking for alligators, you're brave! Can't wait to see what you think of all that eyeshadow you got there ;) I didn't really care so much for that blue/brown duo. Though the brown = my skin tone. so pale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty the makeup and the pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Did they live in Brownsville? I'm actually going to Brownsville in an hour for work. I have a longish trek from McAllen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @RoboZelda- I think they were small alligators, but still! We had a lot of confidence in that crappy metal boat. I havn't tried any of the makeup yet, but it was cheap, so not a big loss if it sucks!

    @Susan- Thank you ma'am! :)

    @HauteBeauty- No, we lived in Bayview, which is just outside of Los Fresnos, if you know where that is! You live in McAllen? I'm not sure if you've seen me say that I live in Edinburg right now, but my boyfriend is a firefighter for McAllen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the haul, looks like some goodies :) and personal stuff in a blog makes it interesting, keep it in


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta confess something - I'm pretty freaked out by gators to the point where I don't step foot near bodies of water that are not the ocean. I know salt water crocs exist, but in Florida it is far more common to see a gator in a lake than a croc in the big, wide sea. =O

    That said I looooove the second picture. It reminded me of a tropical island of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good sales: I'm a sucker as well. Especially for clothing. I have tons of $4 skirts and shirts that I barely wear but they were SO CHEAP. ;) And living next to water sounds amazing. I live in Maine, gators don't exist here. ;) I've had a few leaches on me this year (not. pleasant.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty makeup, pretty picture. I'd love to visit there.

    I've been going crazy with buying makeup lately -__-"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spending money is probably my greatest talent too :P I'm a sucker for a bargain, I tend to buy things I have absolutely no need for because it's on sale.

    Love the photo :) it sounds like you lived in amazing place, I want to row around looking for gators :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...