Friday, September 9, 2011

Estee Lauder Peach Nuance Blush Swatches and Review

Who else besides me has always thought of Estee Lauder as a brand for people their grandparents' ages? I'm not sure where I got this impression, but it is entirely wrong. I have a few things from Estee Lauder and absolutely love them. Their Radiant Peach blush is my favorite blush ever, and I have a lot of blushes.  I was drawn in by the ombre, gradient effect of the powder in the pan of Peach Nuance and had high hopes for it (Can you detect a theme in my blush choices? First Radiant Peach and now Peach Nuance). The color is just as gorgeous as I hoped!



Estee Lauder's blushes are fairly expensive at $26, but they have quite a bit of product at .25 oz. By comparison NARS' blushes are $27 and only have 0.16 oz.


Here are the ingredients for those of you who are interested!



I don't care too much for Estee Lauder's packaging. I think it is one of the reasons I had the "old and stuffy" vibes about the brand. But this packaging would never prevent me from purchasing from the brand, it just isn't my favorite.


This picture is terribly washed out, but can you see why I was so attracted to this blush? The gradient is just so cool. And you can vary the color of the blush depending on where you put your brush.


The first swatch is the left side of the blush and the second is the far right. The third swatch is both sides mixed together and the last swatch is the blush blended out.


The top stripe is Estee Lauder's Radiant Peach for comparison. You can it is a bit pinker, darker, and more shimmery.

Radiant Peach has the best texture of any blush I have ever used. It is incredibly soft and pigmented and finely-milled. Peach Nuance, the one this review is about, still has a nice texture, but isn't as soft. I think the shimmer in Radiant Peach makes it have a better texture. Peach Nuance is nearly matte with only the slightest hint of sheen.


I love this blush! It looks really natural. It doesn't look powdery or chalky and it blends in well with my skin. I need more Estee Lauder blushes now!


Available:
  • Retails for $26 and can be found at Estee Lauder counters and online places like Nordstrom or Macy's.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. I always think the same thing about Estee Lauder, but was recently at a CCO and they had lot's of Estee Lauder and I really liked a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, when I thought of EL (as a teen), I also thought it as a "granny brand". It's so refined and elegant, with the gold accents and curvy script. It's definitely a far cry from MAC!

    The design of this reminds me of MAC Ripe Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this blush, I'm so excited you do too! It's so bright yet natural-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such lovely skin!!!

    I LOVE blush, though certain powder blushes will make me break out. Anyone with finicky skin have any insight about the EL stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I have always thought of Estee Lauder as a grandma brand. However, this blush is just freakin' gorgeous and definitely DOES NOT give off the old lady vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo I have Peach Nuance and I LOVE IT :D I could stare at the gradient all day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool I love the gradient! It looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...