Thursday, September 8, 2011

Holographic Green Franken Polish- "Bog Moss"

So the oh-so-amazing and beautiful Robyn of Stay Beautiful inspired me to create some frankens. I'm not the best at it, but I do it anyway because it's fun. I recently bought some holographic car paint pigment stuff called SpectraFlair that people use to make awesome nail polishes. This stuff is crazy expensive, like $18 a gram, but it is so worth it. you hardly need any to make a super holo polish. If you want to buy any (she also sells some really cool color morphing powders I should be getting soon. Just check around on her blog!) I suggest you do so from here- http://morenailpolish.blogspot.com/p/get-powders.html.

I can remember my exact recipe for making this franken. Of course I used the holo powder. I also used the glitter suspension base from TKB Trading (here) and mixed in some random polish colors. I originally started out making an orange but it looked nasty, so I somehow turned it into a green. I think the orange gave it a murky base color. I named it Bog Moss because that is what the color reminded me of. If bog moss was covered in holographic glitter, of course.

This was 2 coats with base and top coat.





Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

10 comments:

  1. Woah! That's awesome!! Holo glitter is sooooooooooooooo amazing. That's a great green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lawd, that's awesome! I'd never had guessed that was a franken, it looks like you'd bought it. That holo crap must be magic dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous, perfect franken!! WIN!!! She needs to inspire you to do more frankens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning green! I'm going to check out Robyn's blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog through a friend's blog, and boy did I pick the right post! This is AWESOME!!! I don't think I've ever seen a green holo like this, and the murky base only adds to its beauty....love this! You should throw together a big batch & sell them...I'll buy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best green holo polish I've seen! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That color looks professional. Great work & gorgeous mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God that is stunning! I NEED those holo powders :O You're really good at frankening, you should consider selling them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...