Monday, March 21, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac

I am a lip gloss fiend.  I always have been and lip gloss and lip balm are my oldest beauty obsessions.  I remember eating a whole tube of chocolate mint Avon lip balm when I was 5 because it tasted so good.  I was only allowed to apply lip balm under my mother's supervision for awhile after that one.

One of my favorite lip glosses ever are Revlon's Super Lustrous  lip glosses.  They are tied with MAC's Cremesheens for my all time favorite.  I like that they have a lot of options without shimmer and the thick, smooth, creamy texture really works for me.

However, this is my first foray into other  lip glosses from Revlon.  Specifically today I have Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac

I don't normally go for shimmery lipglosses, but compared to others in this line, this one was the most subtle and I really like the way it looks in the tube.

It is a warm pink with cool pinky, purple opalescent shimmer.

I'm not sure if it is scented or not.  It has just a vague, unmistakable lip gloss scent.  I wasn't able to detect much of a flavor either.  Revlon claims the gloss is "weightless" and it is a pretty light weight gloss.  It is not very thick or sticky at all, but I  feel like the shimmer gives it a bit extra lasting power.




This picture is a little washed out and keep in mind that my skin makes the color look a more cool toned that it really is.  The pinky-purple shimmer adds a bit of coolness also, though.


Crystal Lilac with flash

Crystal Lilac under artificial light (no flash)

The color lightens my natural lip color a bit, but the way it looks on your lips depends on your own lip color as it is not super opaque.  I actually prefer it with a medium opacity as I think the shimmer would settle into lip lines if it were more opaque.


Available:
  • I purchased mine on sale at Walgreens for $3.99 but they retail for around $6.00 at drugstores. Be on the lookout for Revlon coupons and sales.

 Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...