Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wet n Wild Color Icon Single Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

I'm supposed to be fasting right now because I have to go get blood work done in the morning.  I'm not even allowed to have a sip of water.  Right now EVERYTHING is reminding me of something I could eat or drink and it's driving me crazy.  It's not so much that I'm hungry, it's the fact that I can't eat that is making me want to eat.  Ahh, stupid brain!

So I decided to go swatch some eye shadows to take my mind off of fasting but my brain is one-track and can't be derailed.  I was busily swatching away at my little desk and I heard one of my dogs drinking water from his water bowl.  I got jealous... of my dog... drinking water from a dog bowl.  I need help.  So I cheated and had a sip of water.  Not from the dog bowl of course!

Anyway... on topic.  Everyone always talks about the Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes that the single shadows are often overlooked.  The colors are nothing wild, they are more staple colors, but at $1.99 they are worth picking up.  Make sure to be on the look out for sales.  I bought all my single eyeshadows at Walgreens when they had a 50% off Wet n Wild sale.

I have all but 2 of the colors- Sugar, a shimmery white and Brulee, a matte light nude.

I have:
  • 252B Nutty- a taupey light brown shimmer
  • 245B Lagoon- a slighty sheer medium blue shimmer
  • 255B Penny- a coppery coral with gold shimmer
  • 256B Envy- a forest green shimmer
  • 257A Kitten- a sheer lavender purple shimmer

All of these are swatched dry on bare skin.  No primer.




Picture taken in full sun
I put the two sheer colors, Lagoon and Kitten, over primer at the end to show they they have buildable pigmentation.

Picture is blurred to show shimmer.
Pros:
  • Most have great pigmentation
  • Inexpensive
  • Soft texture
  • Small, portable packaging
  • As good quality as some higher end brands at a much lower price
Cons:
  • Some colors are more sheer
  • A relatively small range of colors and finishes

Available:
  • $1.99 at all drugstores and grocery stores that carry Wet n Wild products
  • Walgreens website

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...