Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nicole by OPI Yellow Its Me

What I am doing currently: writing a post about nail polish; editing picture of nail polish; and applying nail polish.  3 nail polish-related task at once.  That has to be a record for me.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, THIS is the nail polish post. YAY nail polish!

One of my favorite drug store nail polish brands is Nicole by OPI.  Yes, they are pretty expensive for drugstore at (runs to Google to check because I forgot) $7 a bottle.  That's almost $2 more than you can buy regular OPIs for from online retailers.  Although, technically I don't think they are supposed to be selling them.  Also, the polishes tend to be pretty sheer.  You either have to layer them or use tons of coats.  But for some reason the polish must work really well with my body chemistry because they dry quickly, last forever and apply like buttah.

Yellow It's Me is one of my favorite Nicole polishes despite it's lack of opacity.  It layers really well over any old yellow creme.  It has a lemon yellow jelly-ish base with absolutely stunning reddish orange glass fleck shimmer/glitter that of course I wasn't able to capture accurately enough on camera despite two attempts.

Full sun
This is 5 coats of Yellow It's Me on my index finder and 1 coat over 2 coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky on my other fingers.  I'm disappointed that the red-orange shimmer didn't show up as visible as it is in real life.

Partial shade
Here you can see the shimmer a lot better.


The following picture was my first attempt to photograph Yellow It's Me several months ago.  This is  2 coats of Yellow It's Me over Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Yellow Kitty (why do these names have to be so dang long?!).  The bright shimmer is washed out by the flash in this picture, but I think Yellow It's Me looks better over a more pastel yellow cream than a brighter, more intense one.

Taken with flash
Available:

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...