Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Few Must Own LA Splash Nail Polishes with Swatches

The first time I saw LA Splash nail polish in Golden Seahorse on someone's blog I was in love.  It was one of the most beautiful polishes I had ever seen.  When I finally dragged myself over to Ulta to buy it, it was even more gorgeous in person.  I still have not tried any of LA Splash's other cosmetics just because I enjoy their nail polish so much.  It really is an underrated brand with great products and should get more recognition.  And at $3.99 a bottle with frequent sales at Ulta, the price is right.

LA Splash does some really unique and beautiful glitters.  While some of them are better off as layering polishes if you hate having your nail show through, I almost don't mind the sheerness.  My favorite, Golden Seahorse is far from sheer though.  It really is a must own polish for any fanatic.

The colors I own are:
  • Ocean Sprinkles- a sheer sky blue opalescent shimmer base with orangey-gold glitter
  • Pretty Jellyfish- a sheer purple shimmer base with silver a purple glitter
  • Golden Seahorse- a seafoam green shimmer with gold glitter
  • Tidal Wave- a rich burgundy plum shimmer with green shimmer that is only really visible in the bottle
All of these are swatches, with no base or top coats.

Ocean Sprinkles in full sun
This is 5 coats of of Ocean Sprinkles on my index finger and 1 coat over one coat of Orly Snowcone on the others.  I should have put two coats of Ocean Sprinkles over Snowcone instead of one.

Pretty Jellyfish in full sun
This is 4 coats of Pretty Jellyfish on my index finger and 1 coat over 2 coats of China Glaze Grape Pop on the others.

Golden Seahorse in full sun
This is 3 coats of Golden Seahorse.

Golden Seahorse in the shade
Tidal Wave in full sun
This is 3 coats of Tidal Wave.

Tidal Wave in the shade
Under a light bulb
Here is a bottle picture of Tidal Wave attempting to show the green shimmer.


Availability:

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

3 comments:

  1. Golden Seahorse looks amazing! Totally digging your taste!

    -Vijaya
    Fierce Nerditude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Golden Seahorse is definitely worth buying. I don't think I have seen another polish like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...