Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Got Baked With Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

I really wasn't expecting much from this blush.  I have never really had great luck with baked makeup in general.  I buy it because "Oooo pretty!" but it usually ends up being powdery and sheer.  I hate NEEDING to applying baked eye shadows wet.  I like options!  But this... this was smooth, dreamy heaven in a pan.  I barely had to touch my finger to the blush and it left a coat of soft pigmented powder.  It even blended out well just using my finger.  I can never get that result without using a brush with most blushes.

I picked Luminoso because it seemed to be the least glittery of all the baked blushes.  It does have shimmer but it shows up more as healthy sheen on my skin.  I also own nothing like the color of this blush.  It is a little more orange than I usually go for, but I'm expanding my horizons one shade of blush at a time.  Also, in my swatch it shows up REALLY orange, but it more of a peach color... closer to the way it looks in the pan.  I didn't try the brush it came with, but I'm assuming you are better off using your own brush.

EDITED TO ADD: I added a picture of myself wearing Luminoso.  You can see in in this post here.


I don't particularly care for the look of Milani's packaging.  The gold just looks cheap and outdated to me.  That being said I don't care at all if packaging is ugly if the product performs well.




The brush is housed under the blush along with a mirror.

Taken in the shade

Taken in the sun

Taken in the sun

Pros:
  • Very pigmented
  • Soft texture that is not too powdery
  • Blends well
  • As good quality as high end blushes
Cons:
  • Packaging is not my taste (This is the only con!!)

Available:


Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this blush is gorgeous. I need to get my hands on this. I agree with you; I'm trying to expand my horizons with blush too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! A nice spring-ish color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This blush is amazing..I sooo need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both need it it! I promise, the pigmentation and texture are absolutely awesome. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie! I just linked to this post on my blog. I LOVE your pics and swatches. I really need this shade! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh pretty! love your blog. hope you get the chance to visit mine! take care .lannet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...