Monday, April 4, 2011

MAC's Superslick Liquid Eye Liners Rock My World! Swatches and Review

Just because I like the world to be aware of my failings, I want everyone to know that I'm terrible with liquid eyeliner.  Pretty much the only eyeliners I'm okay at using are pencils.  I have a shaky hand and more than once have gouged my eyeball.  Between that and wearing contacts for 12 years, I have eyeballs of steel now.  The other day a drop of vinegar flew in my eye and all I had was a mild burning that went away after 5 seconds.  Because of my shakiness, my eyeliner usually ends up looking like it was applied by a 6 year old with caffeine jitters.  To remedy this I apply my eyeliner a bit thicker to even it out and by the time I'm done, half of my eyelid is "lined".  And I will still have a gap right by my lash line.

Okay, maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.  It has taken me years to get mildly proficient at applying eyeliner.  Which is why I thought MAC's Superslick eyeliners would never work for me.

Well spank my bum and call me Sally!  Was I ever surprised when I was able to get a smooth even line on my first try!  I attribute it to the pointed applicator that has a bit of give to it and glides along perfectly along my lash line.  Also, the colors are beautiful and opaque.  I'm still a novice and don't quite have the application down perfect yet, so sometimes I need to go back and put another coat because I push down too hard and the liquid smooshes out on either side of the applicator leaving a little trail in the middle.  You know what I'm talking about?  I attribute that to user error though.  The formula is great; it's thin but not watery.  It dries down very quickly and won't budge until you want to remove it.

I currently own 4 colors and plan on picking up more when my budget allows it.

I have:
  • Pure Show- a neutral gold microglitter packed in a sheer base
  • Treat Me Nice- a medium green with gold shimmer
  • Desires & Devices- a blackened dirty gold with olive tones
  • Smokey Heir- a darkened purple shimmer

 



Pros:
  • Extremely long lasting
  • A good range of colors
  • Easy to apply
  • Great pigmentation
  • Dries quickly
Cons:
  • A relatively small amount of liner for the price
  • The gold may need two coats for opacity if you aren't careful in your application
  • Needs more than soap and water for removal.  An oil-based eye makeup remover works best.
Available:
Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

8 comments:

  1. I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Visit my page to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too! I actually have the same four as you do. They're addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane
    They ARE addictive. I was the silver and the navy next. It's funny that we have the same ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the blog. It is really valuable Information and I am impressed by your blog. Keep doing such great work. If in case you encounter any problems or have any queries with the Setting up wireless printer on mac, you can get in touch with tech geeks. There is number of solution providers who are readily available 24/7 to assist you instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always useful Roku link code activation to know about everyday life on roku private channels hacks to simplify all our daily tasks on roku ultra. Likewise, even though, you are a yearlong Roku user on Roku.com/link activate, still, you may not aware of some simple ideas, which can enhance your daily streaming entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...