Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Double Dare Is Better Than Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass

Did you read the title?  A bold assertion, eh?  I know that Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass is widely beloved but it just doesn't do it for me.  I LOVE the lipstick, though.  So I was at the MAC counter the other week checking out the Quite Cute collection. (As a side note, those Plushglasses were awful. I have never had a reaction to a product really, but these gave me a rash around my mouth, and my upper lip, where my mustache would be if I had one ;-), got super swollen.  It looked gross.)  I didn't find anything from the collection I needed so I ambled over to the Cremesheen Glass display- my favorite lipglosses.

I saw Double Dare and it immediately reminded me of Cyndi.  So I whipped out my Cyndi lipglass and lipstick to compare.  Double Dare is a more sheer, less orange and no shimmer Cremesheen Glass version of Cyndi- aka exactly what I wished Cyndi had been.  (I have a comparison I'll show you in a bit.)  So you better believe I bought that puppy.


The color looks lighter in the tube than it is in real life.  It looks like a dark pink here but it's more of a coral red.



Lip swatch of Double Dare
From left: Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass, Double Dare Cremesheen Glass, and Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick
As you can see Cyndi lipglass is more orange, thicker, more pigmented, and has shimmer.  However, I think Double Dare matches Cyndi lipstick better than the Cyndi lipglass matches it!

Available:
  • $18.50 on MAC's website and at MAC counters and stand-alone stores

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous combo!! i really love that!! cyndi didnt really work for me at all..idk why..lol..but it looks great on u

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jess
    Oops! I guess I should have labeled the photo but the pic is just of Double Dare, no lipstick or anything. :)

    @ shimmer
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lippie and I always wish I bought the lipglass! The cremesheen looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...