Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NOTD- Lime Lights of Olympia

So here she (he? it?) is. The promised first "real" post! Nail polish is my first and main love so it's fitting that this is my first post back.  I bought Sally Hansen Lime Lights, a sheer shimmery green, in a two pack from Dollar Tree so it basically cost me 50 cents. It look horrendous by itself, but looks awesome layered. Don't worry, I haz proofs.

And here are my disclaimers (Maribeth I know you love these, haha)- please excuse my gross cuticles as I basically didn't give a crap about my nails for several months, the sloppy application job as I don't have my clean up brush, the bad quality pictures as I'm using an unfamiliar camera, and anything else your eyes may deem offensive. Okay, now that we are sufficiently disclaimed, we may proceed.

This is one coat of Sally Hansen Lime Lights over 2 coats of Sinful Olympia.

Sinful Olympia and Sally Hansen Lime Lights




Whew, that wasn't so hard. Hope to see you guys again soon!

13 comments:

  1. I SO missed your disclaimers!!!! For the record, your cuticles look awesome. Trust me. My lil' Sis just left today after visiting me for the first time in Jerz....before she left, she asked if I could do her nails (of course I HAD to!). I scolded her the entire time about the state of her cuticles. She NEVER pushes them back...NEVER. Like ever, ever. I soaked the crap outta them and even trimmed them (something I usually avoid) because they were so bad. She's a dental hygienist and washes her hands constantly and NEVER uses lotion! I was like, WTF!? Seriously!?
    Well, enough rambling....ha (can you tell I missed you?!). I LOVE this combo! Very beautiful! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't feel too bad about mine then. I have an obsession with picking so my cuticles would be torn off and bleeding before they were overgrown. She never uses lotion? Her hands must be all scaly! Haha. At least she wears gloves most of the time so no one sees. I think you're rubbing off on me because I've been wearing a lot of neutral or sheer polishes lately. I just got Revlon Runway Pearl thanks to you and it's GORGEOUS!

      Delete
  2. I am SO happy to see you blogging again! Cool combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love the greens and the shimmer is gorgeous. Your 'bad' cuticles look better than mine on a good day, so be comforted by that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, okay, they aren't as bad as I made it seem. I little hyperbole never killed anyone. ;) You should have seen them a few weeks ago though! Yech!

      Delete
  4. WOAH! That is AWESOME! What an amazing mani for dirt cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from finding awesome things for next to nothing. Haha.

      Delete
  5. Love this color combination! And welcome back to blogging! I enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, she's back! I love greens for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I always tell myself i don't pick colors based on the seasons, but I guess it's unavoidable!

      Delete
  7. Holy cow, the iridescence of that lime reflect is insane! I really do like Sally Hansen's X-Treme polishes, some of my favorites are from that line. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...