Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Makeup Haul for $4 From Dollar Tree With Swatches

Sorry if this post is semi-incoherent. I'm in the process of helping my parents move and I'm exhausted. I'll have to be without internet for a few days so I wanted to get a post up first.

No matter how much money I have nothing beats the feeling of getting a good bargain. Which is why I love Dollar Tree. Everything is, you guessed it, a dollar and they often have things like discontinued Sally Hansen nail polishes and other drugstore makeup. Some things are a bust (like the dried out Cover Girl pencils this time), but if so you're only out a dollar.  Three out of the four items I bought, which were all LA Colors brand, were great and I wanted to show some swatches to prove it.


So totally worth the $4, even though the Cover Girl pencils were too dried up to use. It's a shame, the colors were so pretty too. A bright rose pink with purple sheen and a champagne color with gold sheen.

La Colors Iris
The eyeshadows look extremely shimmery but it's actually just an overspray.  I was a little disappointed, but them not being SO shimmery makes them more wearable.

LA Colors Iris
The eyeshadows are a bit powdery, but they're soft and pigmented. These were swatched dry on bare skin. You can see they look pretty even and not patchy.

LA Colors Water Lily
LA Colors Water Lily
That darker teal color on the right is so pretty.

La Colors Bronze Glow
I barely have any bronzers because frankly, they scare me. Most of them make me look orange or like I have a dirty face. This one is perfect for my pale skinned brethren and It would be great on darker skin too as a highlighter-type thing.

La Colors Bronze Glow
It looks orangey in the swatch but I actually use it like it was a blush and it blends it nicely with the annoying pinkness of my cheeks.  It's also pigmented enough to be used as an eyeshadow. It might look scarily shimmery on my arm but on my face it gives a nice glow, and I'm one that hates glittery cheeks.

So, not bad for $1 each right? The Dollar Trees also usually have the LA Colors nail polishes (I posted about one here), which are pretty good.  Have you found any good bargains lately?

18 comments:

  1. great finds. Beautiful spring/summer colours:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great colors for spring and summer. I bet both palettes would looks good worn together, too.

      Delete
  2. The Water Lily palette is soooo pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're posting regularly again, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great pigmentation! What area of the US did you find the shadow palettes in? Just wondering if it's worth looking in PA. Thanks for posting despite your fatigue :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Texas, so quite far from PA! Do you have Dollar Trees there?

      Delete
  5. The Water Lily palette is awesome. I will have to look for that next time I am near a Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite, too. You don't really see colors like them at the lower price point. Let me know what you think if you pick one up!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm tempted to stop by the dollar store every day now just to make sure they didn't get anything new I have to have, haha.

      Delete
  7. I love bargains! My fave store for makeup steals is Cosmetics Market. I've found Bobbi Brown pencils for $7 there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is a good deal. Have you found any good places for cheap nail polish?

      Delete
  8. I love your blog! I just found it today while looking for Baby Lips swatches. It seems like everyone has pigmented lips to begin with, so it's nice to see someone with similarly unpigmented lips like myself. I think I can really tell how things will look on me. We have very similar skin tone as well. Keep up the good work (and post plenty of doggie pics!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful little treasures!! I have to hit up my dollar tree and see what they offer in the way of make up! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like eyeshadows from L.A. Colours. They sell six-colour palettes for $3 in one of the clothing stores that I shop at and I bought a couple and they're not bad for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trying to get 50 subs... Follow me? http://chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen<3 :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...