Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Pretty Happy With Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blushes

I have a confession to make- I really like the way these blushes smell.  Sometimes I bust 'em out of my blush drawer just to smell them.  And I usually don't even like scented makeup.  The concept of these Happy Booster blushes is that they apparently have some magical compound or something that is supposed to induce euphoria.  Or something.  I don't really pay attention to marketing mumbo-jumbo.  I wish I would have know all I needed was a scented blush to make me happy 12 years ago.  I could have saved my poor parents tons of money on therapists and medication!

Snark aside, these are super cute blushes.  I love the multi-colored hearts and the metallic hot pink packaging.  I wish I had a nail polish that looked exactly like it.  I know scent is really subjective, but I love it as well.  To me it smells really girly- flowery and soft and slightly powdery.  This is totally not a scent I would personally wear.  But I think I love it so much because it reminds me of the perfume my terribly cool older cousin used to wear.  Scent memory is a powerful thing.

At 0.24 oz these are quite decently sized blushes.  For example, NARS blushes are only 0.16 oz. They are nicely pigmented with the color being buildable.  There are only two colors in this range right now, and to be honest they look pretty similar on my cheeks.  One is a cooler reddish pink and the other a warmer peachy-pink.  The smell fades pretty quickly once you're wearing it and I think if the smell was too strong for you in the pan just letting it sit with the lid open for awhile would help the smell dissipate some.  These are shimmery blushes but not over-the-top.  You aren't going to end up looking like a disco ball.

Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blushes
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blushes
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blushes Rose and Natural
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blushes
 The mirror and the brush are housed in a compartment under the brush.  I always hate the brushes that come with drugstore makeup and while this one is slightly better than usual, it still isn't usable to me.

Rose on the left and Natural on the right
The left swatch for each color is shown heavily applied while the right swatch is blended out.

Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural

Pros:
  • Buildable pigmentation
  • Not chalky; great texture
  • Doesn't look powdery
  • Packaging is pretty
  • Smells great (to me)
Cons:
  • Only 2 colors
  • Scent might not be everyone's cup of tea
  • Colors look a little too similar on the cheeks
  • Not the most inexpensive drugstore blushes

Available:
  • Retails for $11.95 at drugstores and all places Physician's Formula is sold

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!

    7 comments:

    1. I realized right after I did my review on Bella Bamba that it had a Watermelon scent. That's like flavoring mascara. WHY?!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I luv these blushes too! they look really good on you

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have these but I haven't tried them yet. I can't wait to break them out and use them, but I want to try and use some of my other blushes first. Great post!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I do the same thing! I love the way it smells!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have the happy boost powder and I thought I would hate them smell. It makes me happy too...I love it! It reminds me of something I had when I was little....a powder or something. It borders the line between floral and fruity....LOVE!

      ReplyDelete
    6. These seem nice, I may pick one up for a product swap I am doing!
      Please check me out too!

      ReplyDelete
    7. They look amazing... it is a shame I can't find these in Ireland. They are gorgeous!!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate them all and read every one!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...