Needless to say when I saw reviews for Estee Lauder's ShadowStick Duo I was intrigued. There were TWO colors in the pencil for the same price as one of Urban Decay's. I've grown up with the misconception that Estee Lauder is an "old lady" brand and was extremely surpised at the colors they had for these eye pencils. One of them is bronze and gold (which I now want) and the other is pink and teal. PINK AND TEAL from Estee Lauder?! even Urban Decay doesn't have a pink shadow pencil.
I finally decided to brave the mall and go buy this. And I'm so glad I did. This is awesomeness melted down and poured into a pencil.
|Estee Lauder PinkTeal ShadowStick Duo|
|Estee Lauder PinkTeal ShadowStick Duo pink side|
|Estee Lauder PinkTeal ShadowStick Duo teal side|
|Estee Lauder PinkTeal ShadowStick Duo swatches|
I thought I might have to sheer these out on the lid to keep them from creasing but I don't at all. These pictures are taken after wearing the shadow for 4 hours and WITHOUT using primer. My eyelids are normal to slightly oily and powder shadows most creams will definitely crease on me without primer. This pencil gives you enough time to blend a bit, but doesn't take so long to dry that it creases. The only negative i can think of is that these don't work so well on the waterline, as you can see above, but meh. I don't really care about that.
- Beautiful, unique colors
- Easy to blend before they dry...
- But dry down before they can crease
- Last all day on me without primer
- Color stay vibrant all day as well
- None really, except that these are limited edition and they only have two color combinations!
- These retail for $20. They are sold out on Estee Lauder's website, but be some available at your local EL counters. I was also able to find them on Dillard's website.