I completely forgot that I wanted to do a favorites post for April! April was actually my first full month of blogging and so far I'm addicted. I love taking and editing pictures, writing posts, objectively looking at the products I buy and just the creative process in general. It feels like a nice and productive outlet for my time (well, more productive than the nothing I used to do in my free time). But mainly I love blogging for the sense of community. It really does feel like I am a part of something. I personally haven't experienced any of the cattiness that I've heard rumors of, but maybe I'm just lucky so far.
I had an extremely difficult time narrowing down my favorites for the month, because to be honest I liked pretty much everything. It feels like with all the reviews and swatches online and being able to test most things (besides of the drugstore of course), I rarely buy anything I'm not happy with. And if I'm not, I'll return it. But of course there is always something that captures your heart and you find yourself using it a bit more. For me, there are 6 things that stood out.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette- This one was completely unexpected. I never expected to buy this, much less love it as much as I do. I love bright colors, but it's always good to have neutrals. And these aren't boring neutrals either!
- Persephone Minerals Mars Crystal Power eyeshadow- I rarely buy regular sized jars of eye shadow from indie makeup companies. I usually buy sample jars because even those last me forever. But I knew I would love Mars Crystal Power so I bought a full sized jar. It is now one of my favorite eyeshadows of all time. From any brand.
- OPI OPI Red nail polish- I've had this polish forever and have never worn it. I finally did and wore it for a week because I liked it so much. And I NEVER wear polish for more than 3 days.
- Estee Lauder Radiant Peach blush- This blush was ridiculously expensive to me, but that is not why I love it. I bought this because I fell in love with the way it looked in the pan, but I think it looks good on my cheeks as well. I actually have gotten compliments while wearing this and I've never got compliments on blush before.
- Wet n Wild Fuchsia with Blue Pearl Silk Finish lipstick- I can't believe these lipsticks are less than a dollar. Granted I don't have much experience with lipstick, but these are pigmented and smooth. I'm trying to branch out and wear bolder colors and this one is perfect.
- MAC Ever Hip lipstick- I try not to fall for MAC's limited edition collections just because it's so disappointing if something sells out before you can buy it. But I saw this lipstick and had to have it. I haven't had it long but I can see myself wearing it a lot.
And because I DO have interests outside of makeup and nail polish, here a few other things I love this month.
Game of Thrones
|image credit HBO|
The Orbans- Darlin' My DreamsI found out about this band from my boyfriend's brother and have been loving them recently. I'm a sucker for stripped down, acoustic songs and this one just does it for me every time I hear it. Plus the guy in the video is cute. ;-)
|image credit UFC|
I may not be the best cook, but I make some pretty badass pizza. And I've been making it a ton recently too. I make homemade dough and everything. The one on the right has tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach, and chopped garlic. I usually put fresh basil too but I didn't have any this time. The reason the crust on the pizza on the right is so massive is because it's stuffed crust. I use cheddar cheese on this one just because we prefer it. The toppings are mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, and pepperoni. You seriously need like one slice of this one and you're full. Which is good because I love leftovers!
My boyfriend and our dogs
Okay, these two are a little cheating because I love them every month! The pictures of my boyfriend are from when he was in the fire academy several years ago. He has worked so hard to achieve his dreams and I'm really proud of him. And my dogs are so lazy! They sleep like 90% of the time, haha. I thought this picture was funny because all of their tongues are sticking out.
Well, this post ended up taking longer than I expected! I was expecting a short 15 minute post, but I kept thinking of things I wanted to add.
Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!