I don't own any of Benefit's boxed blushes (yet!) but when I saw their drugstore dupe, Hard Candy's Fox in a Box blushes, I knew I had to own them. And usually I could care less about names, but "Fox in a Box" is so cute! Despite not owning any of Benefit's blushes I have swatched them and tried them on my face so I do know that Hard Candy's version pales a bit in comparison. But still, for $22 less, were you expecting any different? The texure isn't as soft and smooth, but these are dang good blushes for 6 bucks. And as far as pigmentation goes, one of the blushes was TOO pigmented for my uber pale skin. I'm going to have to use a really light hand with it.
There are two types of Fox in a Box- bronzing duos and blushing quads. I got one of each.
The colors I bought are:
- Truth or Dare- a bronzing duo with a shimmery pale pink and a light golden bronze
- Hot Flash- a blush quad with a shimmery peach, a matte nude, a shimmery watermelon pink, and a matte strawberry red (Ha! I just realized I used fruits to describe 75% of the shades!)
All swatches are done with my finger on bare skin.
|Left: Truth or Dare Right: Hot Flash|
The boxes close pretty securely with magnets. (Magnets, how do they work? ;-) Props if ya get it)
|Truth or Dare|
Far left is the bronze half, then it is the pink half. The third swatch is the two mixed together. I really like this blush. It actually functions as a bronzer for me. This is the first bronzer I have ever been able to use that just gave me a subtle glow and didn't make my skin orange or dirty looking. My only quibble is that the bronze side is a bit more pigmented than the pink side.
The swatch order is the top two squares from the left followed by the bottom two. The fifth swatch is all the colors blended together while at the end is the blush blended out a bit.
The bright pink.red color almost makes this blush too pigmented and dark for me. When I use it I'm just going to try and avoid that shade with my blush as much as possible.
- Unique (for the drugstore)
- Several color options
- Offers a good bronzer for pale skin
- Hot Flash is very pigmented
- Colors blend together well
- Only available at Walmart
- The included brush is worthless
- The pigmentation varies even within one box
Thank you for reading and have a great day/night/whatever!